Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU election results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MaxBax

You're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Nah not really. It was just the obvious answer.

And helpful!

Any chance we can get this back on topic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

I give Saddam Hussein a better chance of being acquitted of crimes against humanity tbh...

So yeah. We now have a sh*tty SU. Greaaaaat...

But on the bright side, I won't be here for it!

w00tage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

I voted against Michelle Keegan because I felt that her manifesto focused solely on women, whereas the guy's tackled mental health which covers both genders.
    was it not michelle KILLIEEN

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Killeen, no?

michele no?

MaxBax, I'm unsure as to what your problem is but continue down this route and you're banned.

On-topic: Its Michelle Killeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

For the benefit of those who for someone reason don't want to go to www.ucdsu.net :

President
    Winner: Dan Hayden
    Enda Duffy, Órla Ní Threasaigh, RON

Deputy President
    Winner: Dave Curran
    RON

Education
    Winner: Brian Doyle
    Kate O'Hanlon

Welfare
    Winner: Barry Colfer
    Michelle Killeen

Ents
    Winner: Dave Redmond (pending another recount, I'm told, having won by 9)
    Holly Irvine, Brian Canny, James Hartshorn, Enda Donohue, Eoghan Ó Duinn

Seemingly the recount, where Morgan Shelley had planned to adjudicate over every single ballot paper individually (thereby examining all spoiled votes again and checking their actual validity, and so on), wasn't really as pedantic as he would have liked because he couldn't secure the services of a lot of his counting team. So the promised thorough recount wasn't quite as thorough as it could have been, and Holly made back 13 votes of her 22 deficit... logic would dictate that if whatever other proportion of the votes was counted as pedantically as that which went under Morgan's eye, she could well make another 10 back.

This one, frankly, is going to run.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I for one hope Holly Irvine doesn't win. her manifesto's got nothing new at all - just the same old crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

At least she dosen't fill up space with talk of off-licences which a couple of them did, which is just to win votes, it's never going to happen. Certainly not until th college change their alcohol policy which isn't likely to change any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

I deeply regret giving dave my #2 or #3 after getting that ****ing text.. I want to know what means he used to get my number and exactly what action i can take against it. :mad:

I'm really upset about Kate not getting it too :(. I really just expected her to win... She was better! That should count for something... Though Brian did have about three times as many canvassers on the day... and tshirts -_-. But I didn't think anyone made their decisions then (though i very nearly switched my presidential vote becauce his canvasser was pissing me off so much EVEN THOUGH I already said I was voting for the guy..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

passive wrote:
    She was better! That should count for something...
    You Firsties crack me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

For the benefit of those who for someone reason don't want to go to www.ucdsu.net :

President
    Winner: Dan Hayden
    Enda Duffy, Órla Ní Threasaigh, RON

Deputy President
    Winner: Dave Curran
    RON

This 'RON' chap did well, didn't he? Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

passive wrote:
    I deeply regret giving dave my #2 or #3 after getting that ****ing text.. I want to know what means he used to get my number and exactly what action i can take against it. :mad:

Anto babysits him. How else do you think he got access to the 4,000+ numbers that the Ents office has on file.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

that whole text message debackle was as only outstripped in the election by the smear campaign run by Team Hayden against Team Duffy... there was actually a personal smear... fcuking disgraceful...

that whole text message debackle was as only outstripped in the election by the smear campaign run by Team Hayden against Team Duffy... there was actually a personal smear... fcuking disgraceful...

And what personal smear was this?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

passive wrote:

I'm really upset about Kate not getting it too :(. I really just expected her to win... She was better! That should count for something... Though Brian did have about three times as many canvassers on the day... and tshirts -_-. But I didn't think anyone made their decisions then (though i very nearly switched my presidential vote becauce his canvasser was pissing me off so much EVEN THOUGH I already said I was voting for the guy..)

You can go to the Data Protection Commissioner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

*looks about*

hmm...okay... Contravention of Data Protection Act = "You are an individual subscriber to a mobile phone account and you have received a text or multimedia marketing message from a person with whom you’ve had no previous dealings and to whom you’ve never given consent to send you such messages."

I must provide:

* Your name and postal address (other contact details optional).
    * A copy of the communication(s) which you received.
    * The date and time of receipt.
    * Details of the number/e-mail address on which the message was received.
    * Details of the number/e-mail address/IP address from which the message was sent.
    * A declaration that you have not consented to receiving such communications.
    * A declaration that you have not been a customer of the sender or, if a customer, that you have
    instructed the sender not to send messages.
    * A copy of any instruction given to the sender not to send messages to you/make calls.
    * A statement that you wish to make a formal complaint.

If the Data Protection Commissioner decides that a prosecution is necessary, you may be asked for the following:

* A statement that you will be willing to give evidence in Court relating to the complaint.
    * A statement that you will be willing to give a sworn statement, if requested.

Unfortunately i'm on meteor and go through 100+ texts a day..so...that message has long been cleared. I'm pretty sure there's no way for me to recover it... I'll see if anybody i know still has it though. I think prosecution is definitely in order here, oui?

If anybody can point out anything i've missed that makes Dave's text okay under the Data protection act please let me know... Otherwise i'll move this to a seperate thread tomorrow and encourage people to prosecute the lovely and victorious fellow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

SebtheBum wrote:
    I give Saddam Hussein a better chance of being acquitted of crimes against humanity tbh...

So yeah. We now have a sh*tty SU. Greaaaaat...

But on the bright side, I won't be here for it!

w00tage.

I'm actually quite looking forward to our most Nazi UCDSU since 1946.

I heard Dan's team were actually responsible for ripping down their own posters last weekend. They thought it would harm Enda's campaign by him having more posters than them.

Shame on our new facist overlord..... for shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I heard Dan's team were actually responsible for ripping down their own posters last weekend. They thought it would harm Enda's campaign by him having more posters than them.

Shame on our new facist overlord..... for shame!

So they had Duffys campaigner pose for the CCTV cameras while ripping down the posters? And then got him to admit it?
    Please tell me how they did that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I'm taking the piss.
    :o Oh :o
    The whole nazi thing threw me off. Some people (pinkos) believe that this election was "disastorous".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Anyone now any details about the 2nd recount or is it merely a myth. In any case, if Dave wins I heard whispers of appeals being made to the iab. IF there was another election Dave definitley wouln't win cause every1 will know about the texts, red bull etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

dajaffa wrote:
    Anyone now any details about the 2nd recount or is it merely a myth. In any case, if Dave wins I heard whispers of appeals being made to the iab. IF there was another election Dave definitley wouln't win cause every1 will know about the texts, red bull etc...

accordin to the paper today he has won!!

...pending the appeal and recount results. The article was written on Friday before the second count.

Results of the second recount are in...

Redmond leads by one vote.

Irvine's camp has another 48 hours to call for another recount. Who's to say that having knocked another 8 votes off the lead they won't give it another try?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

holly irvine would be an abject disaster to ents. i don't think the off licence idea is a runner either, but at least the other candidates can see that many of us are tired of the same old stuff week in week out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭GusherING

Its actually turned out that they have the exact same amount of votes! Dave was elected because he had more frist preferences but this is set to run and run!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement