Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Nano New, Help Please:)

Options
  • 02-03-2006 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

Hey

Just bought an ipod nano 2 gb today in argos.

First off I made a few mistakes, well kinda.

When opening the box the ipod turned on, and the battery meter went down gradually, does this affect the battery? Should i bring it back and get a new one?

Also I connected the nano to my computer before installing i tunes :P lol im so stupid.

Will these incidents degrade my nano, as im using it right now and its playing songs yet im not sure about the battery, its gone down a bit after an hour and 15 mins of continuous play.
    whats the battery life supposed to be like?

any help with what i have told you, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Firstly, you;re in the wrong forum : http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=624

Secondly, you need to fully discharge the ipod battery before charging it again so yeh, turning it on before charging it is a good thing.

And lastly, shouldnt really make much of a difference if you plug the ipod in before installing as Windows will pick up the drivers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

sorry, il switch thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Secondly, you need to fully discharge the ipod battery before charging it again so yeh, turning it on before charging it is a good thing.

And lastly, shouldnt really make much of a difference if you plug the ipod in before installing as Windows will pick up the drivers anyway

Firstly it's never a good idea to fully discharge these types of battery. The technology allows a certain number of complete charge cycles. When new the iPod should be charged fully before use nad topped up when not in use but keep the number of complete discharges to a minimum to prolong the life of the unit.

As for the driver, read the instructions carefully. Windows will pick the iPod up as a removable drive if the driver isn't installed. This causes problems with the unit later being ignored by itunes afterwards when it's installed, this has been my experience. If this happens you can remove the iPod in device manager/USB devices and then connecting it to a differend USB port.

ZEN

Advertisement