Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop FX for live sound

Options
  • 02-03-2006 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭

Hey im wondering if anyone knows of any free fx processing software for use through the fx loop of my mixer for live sound. Im talking compressors, 31 band eq, reverbs, delays etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

what in the name of moses do you need a 31 band eq for?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Pinpointing certain feedback frequencies, like what anyone would use an outboard 31 band eq in live sound for! Basically setting the eq in a sound check to suit the room frequencies. I really dont want to haul around outboard gear TBH, i'd just like to see how the laptop performs, something to mess around with. Anyway I think i'll try Steinberg Wavelab and a few VST's, and see what volume of resources the realtime fx use up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

just use a fully parametric eq. the big outboard multiband eq's that are used live really don't need to be replicated in software at all, as you can 'pinpoint certain frequencies' with any parametric eq

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Ah its ok i've got it sorted now with the help of Beecher, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

try www.kvraudio.com for tons of free plugins

• Advertisement
Advertisement