Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leave on your back light!!!!!

Options
  • 02-03-2006 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just came across this thread. Great information. I live in the Grove (3 Bed Duplex) since about August and I thought I'd share an experience I had with prowlers.

One night, about 3:00, I was lying in the bed and heard a few thuds. I sounded like a neighbor slamming a door so I didn't pass much heed. Then it got a bit louder then I had heard before so I decided to have a look down on my balcony to see if there was anyone fooling around. To my horror I found somone standing there looking up at me. I opened my window and enquried as to there purpose being there (in not quite as polite lauguage). I was then told "Hiding". I then suggested that they may wish to vacate the balcony before I arrived down and would be inclined to assist in there departure (again, not quite the wording I chose at the time). He jumped down and then I saw his mate over on another balcony on the other side of the three bed terrace. The said something to each other and then he jumped down also. They both ran off and I went in to call the cops. There was no answer in the station as they were already up in Charlesland. One of the neighbors waved them down and I was able to tell them what had happened from my window. They went off looking for them but I never heard anything about it again.

Anyway, I think they were checking the balcony doors as some people might have left them open. I had an alarm sticker on my back door and it is allways locked but since then I am leaving the light on too. I would suggest that everyone else does the same. Its not too bright or costly and from my window I can see down all the back gardens of all the 2 bed townhouses and everyone is pitch black at night. Perfect for someone up to no good. At least we should get motion detector lights?

The brighter we make this place the less likely they are to bother!!!!!

Thats my 2 cents anyway!!

Comments

Advertisement