Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

3... unused minutes.?

• 02-03-2006 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

hi folks

i am with 3 since end of jan, i noticed my 70 unused minutes were not continued for march, i thought i read that for newbies there was a 1 month grace period where unused minutes were continued over for the next billing period?

bah.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

dont know were ya heard that
    i joined in december and my minutes wernt carried
    you must of read wrong sadly
    would be really handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

read it on their pdfs somewhere, i think the 3 web site is pathetic, they need to get some web designer.
    and not continuing minutes is just a scam, i thinbk someone should complain, whats it to them if you dont use them or not. they still take the fee off you every month anyway.
    and checking your credit is a joke, can you not send a text to see your details, its not always convenient to stick the fone to your ear and listen to some old hag tell you how much minutes you got left ever day.....:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Before I signed up to Three I checked out every and any bit of available info I could about their price plans and no where did I see anything about min's being carried over, their not and that was made very clear by their website & info included when I got the phone.

like cabaal said you really should of done your research before you joined them
    though i have to say they are the best network ive ever been with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Yeah minutes never carry over Im with them since the Launch last August!! Thats how they make their money !!!! I think they should carry over it wouldnt kill them . In theory your paying for them so they shouldnt take them away from you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ublinia2

Whats the 3g content with them like ?

How often / quickly after the 6pm bulletin is the RTE news updated ?

ublinia2 wrote:
    Whats the 3g content with them like ?

How often / quickly after the 6pm bulletin is the RTE news updated ?
    thats were they are really are better than everyone else
    besides the fact that almost all of them are free to view theres so much to choose from
    whether your looking for music,comedy,movie stuff whatever
    i got this episode of punked there a few mins ago very funny (the one were they get justin timberlake)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah i "thought" they carried over but found out they didnt. i didnt read it anywhere, i just presumed.

im on the €60 price plan 300mins / 300txts - on average I use 200 minutes and 400 texts and my bill is around €80. not too bad i suppose considering i was spending about €80 a month on speakeasy. im "trying" to ring people more often now then txt them. if i balanced it out perfectly it would be a personal acheivement....but we can all dream!!

nobody's mentioned the footie, i get all goals 15 minutes after final whistle. before any match of the day and or news bulletins. its fun seeing cracking goals of my mates teams before them and teasing them. maybe i should download them and sell the viewing rights!!! if they wanna see them they'll pay lol!!!

ya they only really charge you for games,music and mtv stuff (which is still very cheap)
    as for anyone that would want to spend more money on a crappy polophonic tone or a crappy picture than the mp3 song for €2 is beyond me
    3 charge you more for poly tones and crap pics than they do for music vids and songs how strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

T&#225 wrote: »
    nobody's mentioned the footie, i get all goals 15 minutes after final whistle. before any match of the day and or news bulletins.

Is this the case for every matchday? For example, did they have the goals from Utd vs Wigan last night?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they have rights to the barclay's premiership, not sure about anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭nialldinho

yeah, that was a premiership match..

yeah i seen the goals on the united game 15 minutes after the final whistle. it only applies to Premiership games but they report champions league games too. not thru video action.

they advertise it as being completely free but when you want to view videos you have to connect to their server, and that aint free. its not much, like 5 cent, will check bill, but its not free.

i have no complaints though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

T&#225 wrote: »
    yeah i seen the goals on the united game 15 minutes after the final whistle. it only applies to Premiership games but they report champions league games too. not thru video action.

they advertise it as being completely free but when you want to view videos you have to connect to their server, and that aint free. its not much, like 5 cent, will check bill, but its not free.

i have no complaints though.

what? if it says €0 then you dont pay anything. every month my bill is 7 pages of 0.00

ya they have a 3 minute video of the man u match versus wigan but sadly they dont do champions league hopefully in the future though
    oh ya and for what Tack said i have no idea what he's on about because i get charged nothing at all
    if you are you should call 3

1huge1 wrote:
    i got this episode of punked there a few mins ago very funny (the one were they get justin timberlake)
    Yeah theres no end of free stuff and fast downloads.
    / me checks that link now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

what? if it says €0 then you dont pay anything. every month my bill is 7 pages of 0.00

What /\ He said

I watch almost every game and it is free....

jeez i better read my bill again!!!

Advertisement