Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

www.drivingtest.ie

Options
  • 02-03-2006 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

I wasn`t able to do my test a few weeks ago due to my car not having undergone an NCT.

I had just purchased the car which had been off the road for a year and hadn`t had an NCT test (the test would have been due during the period when the car was off the road).

Shortly after i registered the car I recieved a date for the NCT in the post, I then recieved a date for my driving test a week before the NCT date.
    when i went to do my test they said they couldnt take me out because I didnt have a valid NCT disk.

Fair enough, the final checks sheet that came in the post and the same section on www.drivingtest.ie says

"
    "5. The following must be displayed on your vehicle-

2) NCT disc- vehicles obliged to undergo the National Car Test will not be taken for test if not displaying the appropriate disc. (You can call the NCT service on 1890 412413 for further information),""

The FAQ section of www.drivingtest.ie says

"Q. Is it necessary to display a National Car Test disc?

A. It is a legal requirement that the NCT disc is displayed on any car that has undergone the NCT. Your driving test will not be conducted if the NCT disc is not displayed on cars having undergone the NCT. "

Spot the difference? I can accept that it was my own fault for not reading the final checks sheet properly before the test but the FAQ section of the drivingtest.ie site contradicts the final checks section regarding the NCT.

I have been in contact with them for the last few weeks to amend the FAQ section but they ignore my emails. I did speak to a lady on there telephone number and she said she would look in to it, but it hasn`t been changed.

How can I get them to fix this?

Advertisement