Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spamming on DCU/UCD boards

Options
  • 02-03-2006 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Someone called Aaron Quigley is advertising their "summer school" on the DCU and UCD boards:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=50822236#post50822236

This person was banned, presumably for advertising, and has now registered a new account to continue their spamming.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

He seems to have been dealt with.

When's the next Boards Survivor?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

imho I don't think it's advertising spam. He is just making people aware that there are positions available to current college IT students. It's not for a summer school per se. The people taken on are actually paid and get some valuable project work experience.

Obviously the best place to make potential applicants aware of this is in the college forums such as DCU, UCD etc.

Admittly he prob went over board on the amount of posts that got him his first banning and has re registered a second account.

But I wouldn't put his posts in the same category as Phone Expo spam.

my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Gordon wrote:
    When's the next Boards Survivor?!
    Good question - I have a good bit more spare time at the moment so I've started coming up with ideas for challenges. If I can peces together about 10 practical challenges then it'll be all go. I'll work on it over the weekend and I'll have a better idea how long it'll take, already have a couple of interesting ideas lined up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I have been talking to him and i'm happy to allow him to continue posting with his new account.

Advertisement