Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Dublin Juggling Convention

Options
  • 02-03-2006 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hmm, just thought I'd look for info here about it, does anyone know anything about the convention in dublin next weekend (10th - 12th march)

I googled and the most uptodate info was a small mention in UCDs juggling society page... so far I've gathered that its going to be on in the larkin hall again...that's it, don't know how much it ill cost (guessing 15 or 20 euros) or what time it starts each day etc.... any info appreicated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

cocoa wrote:
    Hmm, just thought I'd look for info here about it, does anyone know anything about the convention in dublin next weekend (10th - 12th march)

I googled and the most uptodate info was a small mention in UCDs juggling society page... so far I've gathered that its going to be on in the larkin hall again...that's it, don't know how much it ill cost (guessing 15 or 20 euros) or what time it starts each day etc.... any info appreicated, thanks.

I know this absolutely no use to u but I just called my mate that I go to college with he is big into juggling, I know nothing. He said he knows just as much as u.

Sorry, I tried

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

All i know is fire show friday meeting house square, i think 15 bucks entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Stephenm

There's the fireshow in meeting house square on friday night (the 10th) as Emmet said. Larkin Hall - Just off O'Connell street is the practice hall for saturday and sunday. There's going to be a great show on saturday evening - I've seen a provisional list of the performers and it's looking pretty amazing...
    I'll post here as soon as it's all confirmed.
    S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

yay, i just got all the info i wanted through emerald circus, for anyone who isn't on that mailing list, all the info can be found here: http://www.geocities.com/grahamdempseyis/juggling.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭larryone

Hmmm.... meeting house square will not be fire diabolo friendly. I suppose I could bring my fire poi and practice the 5 tricks I'm confident enough to do with them lit.
    Or I could enjoy the show =0)
    Missed the last dublin convention, I think I'll go to this one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 helen_of_poi

Friday 10th March

Fireshow 8 - 10pm Meeting House Square To be opened with a performance from the wonderful Firepoise and continuing with the convention attendees getting to strut their stuff. Please note, this MUST end at 10pm, so come early, go drinking afterwards.

Saturday 11th March

Registration & workshops in Larkin Hall, Cathal Bruagh St 10am - 6pm Registration prices: €15 student, €20 gainfully employed. NOTE: when you register, make sure to get your ticket for the public show! (It's included)

Also Sat 11th March

Public workshops, SS Michael & John, Temple Bar 1pm - 3pm - free public event for children (and adults) to try out juggling and other props - poi for example. Want to help? Let me know! helen@ejc2006.net

Still Sat 11th March

***JUGGLELUTION***
    Public Show in the Ambassador Theatre 8pm (doors 7.30pm) The EJC Team are bringing over a host of high quality, international acts for this family friendly professional show. Ticket included in convention registration price for jugglers. Public tickets €15 adults €10 children will be available for sale in the Temple Bar Cultural Information Centre from Monday 6th. A great opportunity to show your friends and parents why you love juggling conventions so much! This event is non-profit and will just (hopefully) pay for itself.

Still Saturday 11th March

Renegade 10.30 venue TBC (but will be near the Ambassador Theatre)

Sunday 12th March

Workshops, Larkin Hall, followed by the games, also in the hall to finish off the convention

Monday 13th March

Call in sick to work with exhaustion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Sounds like a fine schedule indeed. Good show!

There's a nice description of the artists that will be in the public show here:
    http://www.ejc2006.net/promo/DJC%202006%20Public%20Information.pdf

It's seeming more and more unlikely that I'll be at the convention... I have a report due in on saturday, and 2 reports due in on monday =0(
    I'm now working on the report I have due in on friday....

• Advertisement

Sorry larry thats not an acceptable answer.

I'm not saying it's a definite no-go for me.
    Just unlikely.

Its the unlikely bit that makes me a sad panda, any way there's this new french or possibly czech guy thats coming to trinity now and he's absolutely savage so i think you gotta come to see him.

grr.
    I'll do my best to make it there...

stuck in the lab =0(
    cant leave =0(
    taking the occasional diabolo break =0)
    but far too busy to bring one of my diabolo breaks into town =0(
    how goes the convention?

You missed a savage convention only got 3hrs sleep last night so can't do a full write up now but twas savage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

You missed a savage convention only got 3hrs sleep last night so can't do a full write up now but twas savage

All I can say is fook work fook it bad. Missed all except the opening night in Meeting house square.

Pix uploaded here

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gerire/DJC/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Why do I only find out about these things the day after they happen?

I'm raging I missed it.

Just dont miss the EJC in the summer.
    *larry cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 toherd

larryone wrote:
    Just dont miss the EJC in the summer.
    *larry cant wait

Well then, get pre-registering!!!

Best thing is to come along to DIT Juggling on either of the next 2 Mondays, or to Trinity Juggling on either of the first 2 Tuesdays in April (currently on break) with money - E90 if you are 17 or older, E45 for those between 12-16 (under 12's are free). This price includes camping for the week...

The earlier you pre-register the better the convention will be, as things like showering facilities can be properly planned for when you know numbers attending!!

Dee

• Advertisement

I wont have a job till summer. So no money til then =0(
    but when I do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭penguincakes

Surely "as many showers as possible" is the best attitude?? (That said I gave you money already haho!)

Yeah some of those krusties could defintely do with a wash and proabably a de lousing on entry to the site

Mandatory head-shaving for all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 toherd

No, no, no!

I've spent too long growing my hair for it to be shaved off - however a mandatory hosing down by a water cannon may be an option worth discussing :D

Dee

Well the people who suggest and implement ideas such as these are always exempt from them, as a rule, so head-shaving wouldn't necessarily have to be done on you...

But yeah the idea of a water area would actually be pretty cool, with hoses and water pistols and stuff, people could just have water fights etc whenever they wanted? It'd keep them clean, and would be fun at the same time? Worth thinking about, ms organiseress?

(just posted this on the EJC board too)

A "water fight zone", a sly way of making hippie's wash, I like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Well, whatever may happen with the water zone, I think a few waterpistols, smuggled in with my luggage, won't be a bad move. I was thinking of planning a boards.ie EJC meet-up. Now it'll be the boards.ie EJC showdown.

Advertisement