Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with an AN8 - FATAL1TY mob - PLEASE HELP :-)

Options
  • 02-03-2006 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

just bought the fatality mobo here www.peats.com/specials/bgrade.html

no sli bridge with it, however i am getting the 9.0 boot code and it will not go past this, no video, nothing.. Though everything is spinning up as normal, it is replacing my sli-dr mobo, all parts are working so i shouldnt be getting this problem.

Does this mobo need the sli bridge even if you are only running a single graphics card? Peats reckon it doesnt according to the website, but i think this could be causing the problem

if someone has an an8 fatality mobo, could they take out the sli bridge and see if it boots ok with 1 graphics card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Ahhh you mofo, if I had of known it was you I would have done you a better price!!!

(Just curious, is the SLI Switch a generic part in general? I have two lying around from some Asus boards if they are any good to you).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

eo980 wrote:
    Ahhh you mofo, if I had of none it was you I would have done you a better price!!!

(Just curious, is the SLI Switch a generic part in general? I have two lying around from some Asus boards if they are any good to you).

u the guy that served me??? lol

it dont work mate, but does it need the sli bridge to work? was this tested in store b4 it was sold?

dont know if asus one will work

Don't ever insult me like that again, I wasn't the guy who sold it to you!!!!!! :D
    I was the one who dealt with you through email. Maybe I'm wrong, it's my understanding the switch is the little card that sits into the mobo itself. It does need that to work. It won't work without it.

eo980 wrote:
    Don't ever insult me like that again, I wasn't the guy who sold it to you!!!!!! :D
    I was the one who dealt with you through email. Yeah it was tested, are you talking about the Sli switch, or the bridge?

the card that goes between the 2 pci-e slots, one side is for single mode and 1 side is for sli mode. I think it might be necessary, though im not sure, u got 1 ? :p

gline wrote:
    the card that goes between the 2 pci-e slots, one side is for single mode and 1 side is for sli mode. I think it might be necessary, though im not sure, u got 1 ? :p

Yeah it is necessary unfortunately, it won't work otherwise, so far as is my understanding. Naw, if I had one I could have charged more!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

eo980 wrote:
    Yeah it is necessary unfortunately, it won't work otherwise, so far as is my understanding. Naw, if I had one I could have charged more!!! :eek:

whats my chances of getting a refund then? as this is no good to me at all, abit only ship those parts out to usa + canada and none on ebay, so basically this board is no good to anyone

gline wrote:
    whats my chances of getting a refund then? as this is no good to me at all, abit only ship those parts out to usa + canada and none on ebay, so basically this board is no good to anyone

Heh Heh, hmmmmnnn, how generous do I want to be??? It did mention what it was missing and what it had!!!! Buyer beware and all that. :p It was being sold on the basis that it's ideal to have as a backup board.

(I'm just going to make you sweat for a while!) :eek: :eek:

eo980 wrote:
    Heh Heh, hmmmmnnn, how generous do I want to be??? It did mention what it was missing and what it had!!!! Buyer beware and all that. :p It was being sold on the basis that it's ideal to have as a backup board.

EXACT wording is "Missing Sli Bridge, will only work with one graphics card. " which is false advertising as it will not work with 1 graphics card

• Advertisement

Missing Sli Bridge and Switch, Ram cooler, front panel and audio card. Will not work without sli switch.

It doesn't get any clearer than that. Missing those two items, will not work without sli switch. I'm only mildly technical and I knew it wouldn't work without it.

eo980 wrote:
    Missing Sli Bridge and Switch, Ram cooler, front panel and audio card. Will not work without sli switch.

It doesn't get any clearer than that. Missing those two items, will not work without sli switch. I'm only mildly technical and I knew it wouldn't work without it.

by "bridge i thought it meant the sli switch key, awell my mistake
    u still got the 1 for 130??? can i just pay for the sli switch key off the other one or something?? or bring this back and get the other 1?

Just give me half an hour and I'll have a wee chat with you when I get back. Have to drop some video's back to Xtravision.

eo980 wrote:
    Just give me half an hour and I'll have a wee chat with you when I get back. Have to drop some video's back to Xtravision.

ok pm me, thanks

Let me start off by saying that as a boards user I respect your knowledge and willingness to help other boards users who have any problems or questions. If we had more people like yourself, Wizzard and UnkleRosco around here we'd be laughing.

I had always fully intended to give you a refund on that board seeing as it was yourself and for reasons mentioned above. If it was just some other random person from the street, I perhaps might not be so willing to do so.

I don't appreciate being accused of falsly advertising an item, nor do I appreciate that accusation being thrown at the company I work for. Especially not in an enviornment such as boards, where it just adds fuel to the fire.

Whether you misunderstood what was being advertised, or simply didn't read it carefully enough, I don't know. But it was advertised correctly and honestly. Please don't accuse me of falsely advertising an item, that's an allegation I take very seriously.

Please don't take this post the wrong way, I'm not out to antaganise? you or start trouble. I just don't like being accused of such things. I was messing with you - didn't you see the smilies????, and had always intended on replacing it anyway. Despite being a bricks and mortar store, Peat's is generally a decent place with decent staff, and we will generally try and help you out however we can.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

I have never seen anyone have as much bad luck with motherboards as you, it has been like 4 in the laste few weeks:D :D

This is the continuity connector:

http://img.hexus.net/v2/graphics_cards/nvidia/sli/part1/images/continuity_big.jpg

It will NOT run without this, you rotate it 180 degrees to change from single card to SLI.

I am not sure if they vary by Mobo manafacter, so if you do get one be careful, we dont want another mobo problem:D

*EDIT* Gline, did you but the one for 130 euro or 99 euro ??

eo980 wrote:
    Let me start off by saying that as a boards user I respect your knowledge and willingness to help other boards users who have any problems or questions. If we had more people like yourself, Wizzard and UnkleRosco around here we'd be laughing.

I had always fully intended to give you a refund on that board seeing as it was yourself and for reasons mentioned above. If it was just some other random person from the street, I perhaps might not be so willing to do so.

I don't appreciate being accused of falsly advertising an item, nor do I appreciate that accusation being thrown at the company I work for. Especially not in an enviornment such as boards, where it just adds fuel to the fire.

Whether you misunderstood what was being advertised, or simply didn't read it carefully enough, I don't know. But it was advertised correctly and honestly. Please don't accuse me of falsely advertising an item, that's an allegation I take very seriously.

Please don't take this post the wrong way, I'm not out to antaganise? you or start trouble. I just don't like being accused of such things. I was messing with you - didn't you see the smilies????, and had always intended on replacing it anyway. Despite being a bricks and mortar store, Peat's is generally a decent place with decent staff, and we will generally try and help you out however we can.

ah your completly right dude, i am sorry. Just pissed off as was mentioned about mobo bad luck \nd im running off a lappy at the moment :(. was wrong to take it out on you dude. I just read the ad wrong.:(

Not too worry gline. We'll put it all behind us so. Pop into me tomorrow and I'll sort you out with that.

eo980 wrote:
    Not too worry gline. We'll put it all behind us so. Pop into me tomorrow and I'll sort you out with that.

cheers man, sorry again

• Registered Users Posts: 65,285 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

conzymaher wrote:
    *EDIT* Gline, did you but the one for 130 euro or 99 euro ??

Obviously the €99 one. The one that seems to have been correctly advertised as Missing Sli Switch. Will not work without sli switch.

:)

Nice one eo980 - good to know we have a knowledgeable Peats staff member here on boards :D

• Advertisement

unkel wrote:
    Obviously the €99 one. The one that seems to have been correctly advertised as Missing Sli Switch. Will not work without sli switch.

:)

Nice one eo980 - good to know we have a knowledgeable Peats staff member here on boards :D

that is correct, i misread it, thought that meant the connector that connects the 2 cards together , doh

OK sure let's put this thread to rest. The issue has been resolved. Anyone who posts after this is a sissy!!! :p

Advertisement