Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Thanks Jack & well done thebillynator & Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Thanks Jack & well done thebillynator & Mary.
    I hadn't even seen Mary's post. Well done. They are good results. After the way you talked about them at the time, I thought you were talking about scraping passes in everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I hadn't even seen Mary's post. Well done. They are good results. After the way you talked about them at the time, I thought you were talking about scraping passes in everything.
    Thank you, I didn't do terrible but some things I really was expecting to fail so happy over all! :P:)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭whistlin_boy

I'm a new member to the forum and thought I's post the pre results:

(all higher)
    Maths 79%
    Irish 84% (am so pissed of about that one:mad:)
    English 81%
    History 96%
    Geography 92%
    Science 82% (thats with 50/60 for coursework A and 120/150 for coursework B: would have got an A on the paper alone)
    Business 93%
    Technical Graphics 90%
    Music 89%
    CSPE 100%:D:D:D:D:D
    German 80%

Well done. :)

• Advertisement

Woah 6 A's?:eek:

Well done...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭knockane_ali09

i got my final results yesterday

all HL
    English - 75%
    Irish - 78%
    Maths -76%
    Geography- 81%
    History - 88%
    Science- 77%
    French - 89%
    C.S.P.E - 86%
    Music - 82%
    Business- 80%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Steve Collins

So... I got my pre results... kinda the same as I predicted...

All HL:
    English - didn't get back yet
    Irish - 58% C
    Maths - 48% D
    French - 70% B
    Geography - 69% (arg) C
    Science - 35% E
    Business - 57% C
    History - didn't get back yet
    CSPE - 61% C (I don't know how I managed, that my answers were way better than some of my classmates who got A's, but I didnt attempt some questions because I don't care about CSPE)
    Music - 75% B

Well, all the things Ive been planning to keep on for a while I did quite good in, French, Geography (1% away from a B >:(), Accounting (I got all the accounting questions right in business, some full marks, the ledger and final accounts, nearly full mark on Cash flow, just lost a few because of the short question) but I screwed up Paper 1, so I ended up with a C)
    and Music.

I'm definitely not keeping Science or History, not just because of my result (I probably did bad in History too)

Our pre results overall (except for Music, only) were the worst pre results our school has gotten in 10 years. Only about 10 people in my class passed Science.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭I.Am.A.Panda

I got these like Last month:

All Higher:

Maths - 66% - C
    Irish - 57% - C
    English - 82% - B
    French - 74% - B
    History - 94% - A
    Geography - 88% - A
    Religion - 86% - A
    Business - 63% - C
    Science - 63% - C (I got 68% in the actual exam, but he factored in the write ups and experiments)
    Woodwork - 59% - C
    CSPE - 94% - A

I only studied the night before for every subject, so with that in mind I'm pretty happy :D.

Well done I.Am.A.Panda.

• Advertisement

[SPOlLER]
    <Snip>[/SPOILER]

A fail is 40% or lower, not 49%.

State of you fail grading scheme. That's unpossiblé!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 state_of_you

What are you all chatting about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Mock Results:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Winnel

i was so so happy with mine because I only studied the night before but I had got some hints of what was coming up which I'm kinda annoyed about I'm definitly not doing that for my leavin cert. They were only small hints and some of them were completey wrong :( they must have got. Different papers :(:(
    All Hl
    anyways :
    English.:75 B
    Irish : 74 B
    Maths : 84 B ( ugh so annoyed with that )
    French : 87 A :)
    German : 70 so pleased I hate hate hate german
    Science: 80
    History: 89 :)
    Geography : 90 :))
    business: 94 :)
    Religion: 96 I Made it all up dno how I got that
    Music : 73 did anyone else think the music was very hard? It would have been higher but our teacher made us do a mock practical and that brought me down :(
    Cspe : 95 :D joke of a subject

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

Well done! You got so many A's:eek:.......How come you are doing 2 languages French and German :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

These are my results (all HL):
    Maths - 89% (:D!)
    Science - 97% (:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D)
    English - 69% (Left out a section by accident :()
    Irish - 78% (Squee! :D)
    German - 69% (I'm actually fluent in German, but the teacher forgot to give us the listening test and never said it to the examiner. They also marked hard :mad: Got the same as a German foreign exchange student though :D)
    Art - 78%
    Business - 75% (I couldn't even do the trading, profit, loss, appropriation and balance sheet question xD)
    Geography - 73% (woot...)
    TG - 76%
    CSPE - 90% :D

Overall I'm happy since they marked us hard on all subjects, so I'm hoping to get all A's in June...

Also, who the hell does a religion exam???

Winnel wrote: »

i was so so happy with mine because I only studied the night before but I had got some hints of what was coming up which I'm kinda annoyed about I'm definitly not doing that for my leavin cert. They were only small hints and some of them were completey wrong :( they must have got. Different papers :(:(
    All Hl
    anyways :
    Music : 73 did anyone else think the music was very hard? It would have been higher but our teacher made us do a mock practical and that brought me down :(
    You're doing 12 subjects in school?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭earwax_man

Winnel wrote: »

All Hl
    anyways :

How many subjects can you do in your school? :confused:

earwax_man wrote: »

I do 11, and there are people who do 10. 12 is seriously high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Gaeilge-go-deo

All Higher, :O
    English - 61
    Gaeilge- 83
    Maths - 75
    History- 87
    Geography-78
    CSPE- 50
    Business-80
    French-83
    Science-75
    Tech Graph-80

I was pretty happy except for geopraphy, i wrote soo much! Shoulda got an A in Irish :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Winnel

earwax_man wrote: »

we do 11
    our school is weird science business and religion are mandatory

I do music outside of school

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

we do 12 subjects in our school....:rolleyes:
    hate religion!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 32 pokkyoc

I thought I did pretty well... Non of that 9 As stuff!

I do 12 subjects! 2 extra!!

Here are my results! All Honors!

English 78% ( Missed or got really low in my functional writing and Romeo and Juliet! Also some stupid spelling errors like color instead of colour or favorite instead of favourite... I guess learning American English from birth didn't help at all...)

Mathematics 83% ( Lots of stupid errors... )

History 92% ( No dates and this? C'mon! Inflated score! )

Geography 95%

French 98% ( lol, the HIGHEST in the year! Lost mark because I spelled '' Mon père a travaillé dans de nombreux pays. Il a travaillé récemment dans les Émirats arabes unis, une ville nommée Dubai '' well Dubai in French is Dubaï!! I also lost few marks in the listening as the marking scheme was wrong! Ended up losing 2% sigh.. )

Spanish 85% ( It was hard... )

Italian 88% ( I self studied this so I think I did well! )

Art 83% ( Didn't get to see my drawings yet... I thought I did an A standard portrait but the object well went OK. )

Business 82%

Music 89%

C.S.P.E. 86% ( Worse than what I thought I'd get. )

Science
    70% ( To be exact, it's 69.722222... % I begged the teahcer for a B and he listened! Yeah, it was hard. Really marked hard plus I didn't study much. ):pac:

I don't do Irish because I went primary school in Japan until I was 5th class so I don't have to do it... Instead I take an extra language ( Spanish ) in school and I self study Italian! I want to take lots and lots of languages hopefully Russian and Japanese for LC as well!

:D:D

:rolleyes:
    I did well overall!! I studied Science like crazy over the Easter! Going for a better result in JC!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The people who have 12 subjects - how many class periods a week do you have? Do you do PE? Computers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

spurious wrote: »
    The people who have 12 subjects - how many class periods a week do you have? Do you do PE? Computers?

I have 9 classes a day!
    No computers!:( Computer are classes only for 1st years 5th years and 6th years in my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭RML

pokkyoc wrote: »
    I thought I did pretty well... Non of that 9 As stuff!

I do 12 subjects! 2 extra!!

Here are my results! All Honors!

English 78% ( Missed or got really low in my functional writing and Romeo and Juliet! Also some stupid spelling errors like color instead of colour or favorite instead of favourite... I guess learning American English from birth didn't help at all...)

Mathematics 83% ( Lots of stupid errors... )

History 92% ( No dates and this? C'mon! Inflated score! )

Geography 95%

French 98% ( lol, the HIGHEST in the year! Lost mark because I spelled '' Mon père a travaillé dans de nombreux pays. Il a travaillé récemment dans les Émirats arabes unis, une ville nommée Dubai '' well Dubai in French is Dubaï!! I also lost few marks in the listening as the marking scheme was wrong! Ended up losing 2% sigh.. )

Spanish 85% ( It was hard... )

Italian 88% ( I self studied this so I think I did well! )

Art 83% ( Didn't get to see my drawings yet... I thought I did an A standard portrait but the object well went OK. )

Business 82%

Music 89%

C.S.P.E. 86% ( Worse than what I thought I'd get. )

Science 70% ( To be exact, it's 69.722222... % I begged the teahcer for a B and he listened! Yeah, it was hard. Really marked hard plus I didn't study much. ):pac:

I don't do Irish because I went primary school in Japan until I was 5th class so I don't have to do it... Instead I take an extra language ( Spanish ) in school and I self study Italian! I want to take lots and lots of languages hopefully Russian and Japanese for LC as well!

:D:D

:rolleyes:
    I did well overall!! I studied Science like crazy over the Easter! Going for a better result in JC!

You are doing 3 foreign languages!:eek: Don't you get mixed up with the words....
    I always get mixed up with Irish and french words even though i am only doing 2 languges. i started doing Irish from 6th class. Well done!:)

I don't see the need for doing 12 tbh...

spurious wrote: »

Well I do 9 classes a day! And I do P.E. , Computers even S.P.H.E and Religion. ( Except Religion isn't an exam subject in our school. ) I have Music on Wednesday after-school so that's an extra subject for me! And I self study Italian. I do 11 exam subjects in school!:):)
    RML wrote: »
    You are doing 3 foreign languages!:eek: Don't you get mixed up with the words....
    I always get mixed up with Irish and french words even though i am only doing 2 languges. i started doing Irish from 6th class. Well done!:)

Well, if you speak fluent anything besides English than it should be way easier for you to learn a new language! I speak English and Japanese fluently and doing French, Spanish in school and I'm also self study Italian and Korean!:D:D But yeah, French, Spanish and Italian are pretty similar so it's easy to mix them up!!

But I can't do both Japanese and Italian for Leaving Certificate because of the timetable...:(:(

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »
    I don't see the need for doing 12 tbh...

Some people do extra subjects because they might like the subject but yeah... Taking a long hard 12 exams in June will be pretty tough for anyone...:(:(

What's the average?? 10 or 11?

Advertisement