Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 the rickstar 69

I also got 85% in french

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

What levels do you people do? I do all higher except CSPE of course. I'm aiming for 8 A's on Junior and hopefully I got aload of B's in mocks :D. I'll get my results in like 2-3 weeks so i'll post em here when I get them :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭glitzandbits

So far I've gotten:
    Maths: 67 (thought I'd failed :)
    Geography: 99 (so happy)
    History: 94 :)
    Cspe: 92 :)
    Science: 77 (a bit disappointed)
    Tech graph: 47 (thought I'd failed that too :)
    Waiting on English, Irish, German... Hoping for an A in English and German but i doubt I'll get them... Hopefully a b in Irish but I'd say I'll get a c.... Overall my results were both shocking in a good and bad way but I'm fairly happy :)

higher level for all. even though I passed irish , the teacher is forcing all of us down to pass level because she thinks higher level would be too much for us. Whatever the hell that means.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

higher level for all. even though I passed irish , the teacher is forcing all of us down to pass level because she thinks higher level would be too much for us. Whatever the hell that means.

If you got 45% on your HL Irish you should challenge that. You have the right to try it at the highest level you can and if you can pass HL, then you should be let do it.

• Advertisement

Well done those results aren't shocking , although I hear tech graphics is very hard.

The thing is the teacher has ridiculously high standards. Such as, earlier in the year, I got 95% in an irish test just before the parent teacher meeting and she told my mum that I was not working hard enough

Well done those results aren't shocking , although I hear tech graphics is very hard.

Thanks :) yeah tech graph is really difficult, wish I changed out of it in first year :p

Wish i had changed classics in first year but my mum didn't let me( she forced me to do it in the first place). She then saw that you had to rent books for second year and asked if i wanted to change to business as she has a degree in it( she should have told me that in first year). I swear i hate that subject with a venegance. Learning useless crap which you never need.I only aim for a pass in that subject' Three years down the drain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

So far I've gotten:
    Maths: 67 (thought I'd failed :)
    Geography: 99 (so happy)
    History: 94 :)
    Cspe: 92 :)
    Science: 77 (a bit disappointed)
    Tech graph: 47 (thought I'd failed that too :)
    Waiting on English, Irish, German... Hoping for an A in English and German but i doubt I'll get them... Hopefully a b in Irish but I'd say I'll get a c.... Overall my results were both shocking in a good and bad way but I'm fairly happy :)

No disrespect but how easy does your teacher mark your tests there is no way a person can get 99% in geography
    I mean my teacher marks it normal but to me after seeing your 99 that does not look normal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

No disrespect but how easy does your teacher mark your tests there is no way a person can get 99% in geography
    I mean my teacher marks it normal but to me after seeing your 99 that does not look normal
    I got a 100% in my Geography Mid-Term? :L

Maybe she did it almost perfect but left out a point. The marking schemes really easy to follow. I reckon 99 is achievable for a great student who works hard :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Bazinga_N wrote: »

Maybe she did it almost perfect but left out a point. The marking schemes really easy to follow. I reckon 99 is achievable for a great student who works hard :)

How to get an A in geography
    -The examiner knows nothing, explain geographical jargon
    -Don't make a statement without developing, you'll lose 2 marks
    -Refer to your diagram in your answer, ''We can see this at (x) on my diagram..''
    -Try to be clear, and know your terms - Deforestation, Overcropping, Overfishing etc etc..

I did this and got 94%. Geography is also easier if you do history, they intertwine at parts, Norman settlement and all that jazz :)

Also got more results today. 87% in Art (<4 I thought I'd get a B) and 93% in Science (Sorta expected Science is really simple for me, favourite subject!)

I'll update when I get religion and german tomorrow

Geography is my best subject and the topics that came up were ones I knew well... I lost 2 marks (1%) by not referring to the names of processes of river erosion in my waterfall explanation :p

How to get an A in geography
    -The examiner knows nothing, explain geographical jargon
    -Don't make a statement without developing, you'll lose 2 marks
    -Refer to your diagram in your answer, ''We can see this at (x) on my diagram..''
    -Try to be clear, and know your terms - Deforestation, Overcropping, Overfishing etc etc..

I did this and got 94%. Geography is also easier if you do history, they intertwine at parts, Norman settlement and all that jazz :)

Also got more results today. 87% in Art (<4 I thought I'd get a B) and 93% in Science (Sorta expected Science is really simple for me, favourite subject!)

I'll update when I get religion and german tomorrow

Well done :)

Yeah I know it's achievable I mean I get 90s and 95 in some tests but 99%!!!!
    Its very simple to get in Science I agree and Maths but the subjects that require essays my teachers are fair bad at marking them they go nuts ''oh you missed that''(when i gave them the whole essay word to word from the revision book 2 pages and they gave me 15 out 20, do you know where i am coming from they have a problem in my school of not giving full marks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 deanxoxo

Maths (H) - 69%
    English (H) - 53% ~ I don't know why, but my teacher said she marked them really hard, the highest was 56!!!
    Art (H) - 70%
    C.S.P.E (C) - 84%
    Home Ec. (H) - 77%
    Science (H) - 76%
    Business (H) - 78%
    French (H) - 90% ~ I'm delighted with this result as French is my passion! :D

That's all I got, still waiting for T.G (O) and Irish (H) results!!

Those results are good. Well done. While were are on this topic did yowu initially chose french as your language or were you forced to do it?

And your doing ordinary level t.g? Do you find it hard or just hate it?.

Those results are good. Well done. While were are on this topic did yowu initially chose french as your language or were you forced to do it?

Thanks!
    We had to do French, but if I did have the choice I still would have picked it, I've had obsession with French ever since I was 8... haha :rolleyes:
    It's such an amazing language, when I'm finished school I hope to become a French teacher :D

And your doing ordinary level t.g? Do you find it hard or just hate it?.

My teacher said that I'm well able for higher level and keeps trying to force me, but I hat T.G, I have no interest in it and it's too much doing higher level

• Advertisement

That sounds exactly like classical studies. No interest in it and always end up with Cs

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Ok I got my last Results today, 7A's and 4B's

Maths - 74
    English - 75
    Irish - 72
    Geography - 94
    History - 93
    German - 79
    Science - 93
    CSPE - 94
    Religion - 90
    Business - 91
    Art - 87

:D

Also, I got 81% in R.E and 78% in science. Now just cspe left.

Well done. You must be proud of your achievements.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

I'm in the middle of mine but i really want to get my results back of the exams i have done so far (english 1, maths 1, geography, Irish 1, CSPE and business 1 today, all higher) as those exams i felt were easy :P

I've done 8 of my Pre's so far :) All of have gone good (expect Woodwork but yano :L It's woodwork :rolleyes:), I've like 6 left but I really want my results as well xD Dying to know how I got one.

In terms of Woodwork btw, do you HAVE to do either 5A or 5B, I know you can't do both, but do you have to do any? Cause I only did Q.1, 2 and 3 on my test, but people were telling me afterwards you had to do either 5A or 5B.

I've done 8 of my Pre's so far :) All of have gone good (expect Woodwork but yano :L It's woodwork :rolleyes:), I've like 6 left but I really want my results as well xD Dying to know how I got one.

In terms of Woodwork btw, do you HAVE to do either 5A or 5B, I know you can't do both, but do you have to do any? Cause I only did Q.1, 2 and 3 on my test, but people were telling me afterwards you had to do either 5A or 5B.

I dont do woodwork but couldnt you look at past papers, arent the questions laid out the same way each year (i dont know just guessing as they are for others like geography or business)

Bluestrike wrote: »
    I dont do woodwork but couldnt you look at past papers, arent the questions laid out the same way each year (i dont know just guessing as they are for others like geography or business)
    Yeah, but there's a confusing part about it. It says something like chose either 5A or 5B. Some people think this means you have to do 5A or 5B but I'm still convinced you only have to do one.

it seems to me, having never looked at a paper before, that you do any 3 out of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5A or 5B
    Eg: 2, 4, 5B or 1, 2, 4 or 2, 3, 5A etc
    I think its like 5A=question 5, 5B=Question 6 but you cant do 5 and 6, only 1
    Hope that is right???? im just guesing from what i can read, ask your teacher when you next see them?

• Advertisement

Just wanting to know from all your opnions,my friend and I are having this argument for over a month now:
    He got in his mock WHICH TOOK PLACE DURING THE MIDDLE OF FEB:
    English =C
    Maths =A
    Science =B
    Geography =B
    History =A
    Business =B
    Italian =B
    French=C
    Wood =B
    Metal =A
    Cspe =B
    A= 3 B= 6 C= 1 D=
    NOW MY MOCK WHICH STARTED THE EARLIEST OUT OF ALL OF IRELAND'S SECONDARY SCHOOL(7TH JAN) FOR SOME STUPID REASON'S I DO NOT KNOW AND HAS TOOK THE MICKY OUT OF ME DUE TO THE CRAPPY RESULTS I HAD GOTTEN WHICH PUTS THE REPUTATION OF BEING A GOOD STUDENT DOWN
    THIS IS WHAT I GOT:
    English-39%E
    Maths-71%B
    Science-75%B
    Geog-75%B
    History-66%C
    Business-66%C
    Wood-53%D
    Metal-73%B
    Italian-38%E
    German-41%D
    Cspe-75%B
    4B 3C 2D 2E
    NOW IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT HE HAD A WHOLE FULL MONTH AND SOME FEW DAYS TO STUDY, DOES STILL TAKE THE FACT HIS GRADES ARE BETTER THEN MINE IN CONSIDERATION OF STUDY TIME WISE, I MEAN IF I HAD AN EXTRA MONTH I COULD MOVE UP A GRADE OR TWO IN ALL SUBJECTS

Advertisement