Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Any tips for english? haha, I got 74 in it :P

That's really good, you'll hopefully get an A for the real thing! And lol, I'm not sure really, I was shocked tbh that I got such a high mark! I was hoping for an A but I didn't expect to get that high, lol. One thing I'll say though, if your not already, you should try and read when you get a chance. It seriously makes a huge difference, you gain a much larger vocabulary and reading a lot gives you a great advantage in personal writing too.

Seeing as it's hard to prepare for paper 1, make sure you know poems, your studied novel and drama perfectly. Know a variety of poems to suit different themes and know characters and themes for the novel and drama. Don't forget quotes!

Always watch your time management too, I ran out of time in paper 2 and lost a couple of marks because of it.

I probably wasn't much help but you'll probably get an A in June! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CathalRyano

juniorcert wrote: »
    That's really good, you'll hopefully get an A for the real thing! And lol, I'm not sure really, I was shocked tbh that I got such a high mark! I was hoping for an A but I didn't expect to get that high, lol. One thing I'll say though, if your not already, you should try and read when you get a chance. It seriously makes a huge difference, you gain a much larger vocabulary and reading a lot gives you a great advantage in personal writing too.

Seeing as it's hard to prepare for paper 1, make sure you know poems, your studied novel and drama perfectly. Know a variety of poems to suit different themes and know characters and themes for the novel and drama. Don't forget quotes!

Always watch your time management too, I ran out of time in paper 2 and lost a couple of marks because of it.

I probably wasn't much help but you'll probably get an A in June! :)

Tut-tut, and you got 97 in English? :P

Tut-tut, and you got 97 in English? :P

Haha I'm tired (lame excuse) :o I didn't actually get penalised for spelling mistakes in the exam for some reason though, lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

juniorcert wrote: »
    Haha I'm tired (lame excuse) :o I didn't actually get penalised for spelling mistakes in the exam for some reason though, lol ;)

My English teacher is the strictest ... one spelling mistake and you'll lose like 2 or 4 marks out of the 30 :/.

My English teacher is the strictest ... one spelling mistake and you'll lose like 2 or 4 marks out of the 30 :/.

My English teacher is too, I think it was just the luck of who we got correcting our papers in the end. My corrector didn't seem to mind a couple of mistakes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Paper 2 is the easier one in my opinion. Paper 1 gives so much room to screw up,

True but i spent too much time on questions i didnt know and trying to figure wat they meant, only had like 5 mins to do last questions and didnt complete like 3-4 out of the 13. He has corrected both now so will go into his office after exam tomorrow and get it. Kinda nervous as i did pretty badly at Christmas and he pulled me aside and told me he expects an A from me in Junior Cert and i do too, i just didnt really put in the work for Paper 2 as thought it would be fine

Bluestrike wrote: »
    True but i spent too much time on questions i didnt know and trying to figure wat they meant, only had like 5 mins to do last questions and didnt complete like 3-4 out of the 13. He has corrected both now so will go into his office after exam tomorrow and get it. Kinda nervous as i did pretty badly at Christmas and he pulled me aside and told me he expects an A from me in Junior Cert and i do too, i just didnt really put in the work for Paper 2 as thought it would be fine

Hah, it's funny how worried you are when you'll probably still get a B. I was absolutely delighted when I heard I got 81. Was the highest result I'd gotten in maths since first year. I thought it was a mistake at first, I couldn't believe I'd gotten it and had to ask him again what I got to make sure lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

I got CSPE: A
    GEOGRAPHY: B
    FRENCH: C
    ENGLISH: C
    MATH: C
    IRISH: C
    HISTORY: C
    RELIGION: C
    WOODWORK: C
    TECH DRAWING: D
    SCIENCE: D

I am doing all higher level subjects except for Technical Drawing and Math, I'm going to drop technical drawing, woodwork and religion and replace them for science subjects. I know i received a low score in science but it was the highest(in %) and i didn't study as much as i should have. I want to get A's and B's in my Junior Certificate, is there anyway i can do this with only 13 weeks left till the JC? Please help :S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

I got CSPE: A
    GEOGRAPHY: B
    FRENCH: C
    ENGLISH: C
    MATH: C
    IRISH: C
    HISTORY: C
    RELIGION: C
    WOODWORK: C
    TECH DRAWING: D
    SCIENCE: D

I am doing all higher level subjects except for Technical Drawing and Math, I'm going to drop technical drawing, woodwork and religion and replace them for science subjects. I know i received a low score in science but it was the highest(in %) and i didn't study as much as i should have. I want to get A's and B's in my Junior Certificate, is there anyway i can do this with only 13 weeks left till the JC? Please help :S

You can achieve anything you want, when you put your mind to it
    If you want all As, then you study to the level of getting all As
    If you want A's and B's study to the level of getting that and etc.

Lets see..
    for all the subjects you had gotten 65+ you are 70% more likely to get that to a B if you study a bit more now if you study and improve over all you could bring that to an A
    Tech drawing don't mind that forget that for now in my point of view(only saying because have no idea what the hell the subject is about)
    Science you have to put alotta effort in it taking in case that you would want to keep it for lc.
    You have nothing to worry about 13 weeks is loads
    Think about it....Il give you an example for science there is what? 36 chapters over all, now if you START NOW!! and study 1 chapters during each day for mon-fri- week days and 3 chapters for sat and sun each you will have the course done in 2 months top, you can increase what ever you like to 2 chapters per day during school-days and 4 chapters during sat and sun upto you.and you can do the same thing with all the other subjects
    Easy ain't it but you have to study NOW
    Don't take lazy out and say Oh I will leave it for next week or day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Man City 10

Another help/study example
    English- do English P1 in one week and P2 the next and keep going down the years to what 2005,2004??
    Maths-Keep practising Exam Qs. again same as English so p1 in one week and p2 the next
    History same thing as science

• Advertisement

Woo Hoo, finally done my mocks
    All i know so far is maths which i got 69% in after correcting paper 2 (dropped from 81% in paper 1)
    Will probably not get the rest for a week or 2

Woo Hoo, finally done my mocks
    All i know so far is maths which i got 69% in after correcting paper 2 (dropped from 81% in paper 1)
    Will probably not get the rest for a week or 2

hehe 69

Ye i know, as well as being sexual, its also 1% off a B :(

Ye i know, as well as being sexual, its also 1% off a B :(

I got the same result in my summer exam for maths. I was happy with the hilarity of the score but upset with the lack of a B grade.

Meh, it's only the mocks so if you're only 1% off you'll definitely at least get a B in the actual thing.

Ye plus it was mainly cos of the project maths, which i didnt really bother studying for and we hadnt looked over the stuff since second year. in junior cert it will be fine

Ye plus it was mainly cos of the project maths, which i didnt really bother studying for and we hadnt looked over the stuff since second year. in junior cert it will be fine

I've always found paper 2 and project maths easier. Looked at a past paper the day before and kind of just thought "Huh, I already know how to do this". It was a weird feeling for maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Em_Yayy

First time posting long time lurker haha..
    Started getting results back today, after a month's wait :mad:

English - A
    History - A
    Home Ec - A
    CSPE - B

Over the moon :) Wasn't expecting that!
    Getting the rest tomorrow hopefully :)

Did my mocks last 2 weeks but getting results back already as most of them are being corrected in-house

History - 96% A
    Geography - 94% A
    CSPE - 89% A
    Science - 88.5% A not really sure whether 88 or 89, not that it matters
    English - 80% B teacher said i wud prob get an A in JC just need longer answers and stuff
    French - 76% B not very happy with this but will study wen JC comes around as didnt for mocks
    Maths - 69% C disapointing but 1% off B and project maths really let me down and got 51% on that but 81% in paper 1

Thats all i have so far, overall pretty pleased with them apart from a few, still have to get a few which i predict are as follows

Religion - Low A or high B as didnt finish 1 of the 4 long 1's but rest went ok
    Irish - low B, maybe C
    Business - high A as usually very good and did 5 long Q's on both papers and best 4 corrected
    Music - dunno, probably a low A or high B

• Registered Users Posts: 23 the rickstar 69

Those are good results for your mock exams well done. Those Irish results are better than mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 DrCool

in science you'll have 35% done before the real exam so 81% will get you an A in june!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 DrCool

technology-90%-A
    english-67%-C
    irish-60%-C
    CSPE-80%-B (even though i took the piss out of the entire test)
    maths-64%-C
    french-63%-C
    geography-78%-B
    science-68%-C
    history-89%-A
    business-64%-C
    religion-82%-B
    music-75%-B

Did my mocks last 2 weeks but getting results back already as most of them are being corrected in-house

History - 96% A
    Geography - 94% A
    CSPE - 89% A
    English - 80% B teacher said i wud prob get an A in JC just need longer answers and stuff
    French - 76% B not very happy with this but will study wen JC comes around as didnt for mocks
    Maths - 69% C disapointing but 1% off B and project maths really let me down and got 51% on that but 81% in paper 1

Thats all i have so far, overall pretty pleased with them apart from a few, still have to get a few which i predict are as follows

Irish - low B, maybe C
    Business - high A as usually very good and did 5 long Q's on both papers and best 4 corrected

Good results <snip>, ye damn prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ekstar

So far I have got

97% in History (A)

70% in Irish (B)

67% in Maths (C) 3% off a B .... -__-

90% in Business (A)

99% Cspe (A) -__-

81% French (B)

87% in Geography (A)

And I'm still waiting on Home ec, English and Religion

Got 2 more results today,

Business-88%
    Maths-72%

So I've got 4 A's and 2 B's so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

Wow, I've just realised how intelligent everyone on this thread is ^.^ and i got all C's except for one A and B :s How do you guys study?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

I dont see how everyone is so smart...I did bad and I even knew some of the things coming up on some tests because my friends from different schools told me 0_o
    Irish(ol)=71%
    Maths(ol)= 65%
    Geo=80%
    french=67%
    Science=47%

I didn't get the rest back...im really disappointed -_-
    And my results were actually average in my class....how are you all so smart?
    The aural tests were impossible though,the echo in the school hall made it impossible to hear...

I dont see how everyone is so smart...I did bad and I even knew some of the things coming up on some tests because my friends from different schools told me 0_o
    Irish(ol)=71%
    Maths(ol)= 65%
    Geo=80%
    french=67%
    Science=47%

I didn't get the rest back...im really disappointed -_-
    And my results were actually average in my class....how are you all so smart?
    The aural tests were impossible though,the echo in the school hall made it impossible to hear...

Don't be so hard on yourself, they're not bad, you almost got an A in geography! You have to remember that the mocks aren't like the real exams, they are not even made by the SEC, they are just made by other companies and the marking scheme certainly doesn't allow for as wide a range of answers as it does in the junior cert. The mocks are marked hard also to push students and I guarantee you'll do better in the real thing. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

99% in CSPE is an extraordinary result - did they correct your action project too, or is that just on the paper?
    As are not as easy to come by in CSPE as everyone seems to think.

History - 96% A
    Geography - 94% A
    CSPE - 89% A

Irish - low B, maybe C

When going through maths paper, got some extra marks and ended up getting an extra percent so i got 70% and a B, F*ck Ye! :P
    Now i hav 4 A's and 3 B's :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

English-64%( not pleased cos I was an an A student)

Maths-77%( Ok but then course is not over so.....)

History-90%:D:D

Geography-77%?(expecting less but there was much varied correcting and marks not given so probably in the high 80s)

Religion-84%( happy but pissed cos of loss of 1%:eek::eek:)

Science-76%(lots of chapters not done and probably highest in the year)

Technology-91%(highest in the year):)

Technical Graphics-93%(first A ever and that too at an important time :cool:)

CSPE-93%(kinda what I was expecting:))

French-74%(lost marks in letter and postcard but cool in the end):o

All of these were HL and all were DEB papers except Technology which was examcraft(names of companies btw)

Looking for 8As so do people think I can get it PM me or post below comments.:D:D

Advertisement