Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

I'm sure you'll make it, just keep working hard :).

Finally, I got most of my results back, i'm kinda pleased and kinda disappointed. Note that I did everything at higher level excep CSPE of course.

English = 72% I didn't add ambition (Highest in Class) :)

History = 82% (Highest in Class) :D

Geography = 77% (Highest in Class) :)

Maths = 51% (Highest in Class and we didn't cover all topics. Kinda disappointed but i'm sure I can get a C at least or maybe a B if the examiner was drunk.) :l

Irish = 45% including listening (Disappointed. I'm sure I can raise that a grade or two.) :(

CSPE = 86% (Didn't even study.)

Religion = 92% (Highest in class and I didn't even study. :O)

Science = Getting result tomorrow but I hope I got a B, we didn't cover all topics so it should be a B because it was easy.

Italian = 54% including listening (Highest in class. Looked back at the mocks, alot of silly mistakes :l and we didn't cover letter writing, but I got 20/40 somehow :D. I'm sure I can raise that a grade or two up.)

Home Eco = 67% (Highest in class. Very disappointed, I knew EVERYTHING! Very shocked and yet, I made silly mistakes again ._.)

I'm aiming for 8A's and 2B's. I'll be happy with 5A's and 5B's ... I think I can make it as I only need to concentrate on like 4 subjects. But A5's should be achieveable for me. :)

I got a B in science =D. Very pleased with results, I should be able to raise all the B's and Home Eco(If cookery goes to plan) up to A's and correction, I got a C in Italian :o 56%.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Long time lurker, very rarely post here but decided to share my results so far:

Maths Paper 1- 92% - THRILLED!
    Maths Paper 2- 82% - Also delighted as i hate project maths!

English Paper 1- 91%
    English Paper 2- 100% - The examiner marked ridiculously generously, 12 out of 24 in my class got an A, whereas in the real thing my teacher told us usually only 2 or 3 out of 24 students get an A! I'm angry as now I have no clue what I actually should have got...

Irish- 85% Delighted as the only A in the class and many girls were crying over their results...

History- 87% despite getting 3/12 in my 2 page long made up essay about the cold war lol, I've realised that blabbing on rubbish doesn't work for history ;) very happy with my result

Religion- 86% - Very happy again

CSPE- 96% - Delighted, only got 3/6 marks for my poster but caught up by getting full marks on everything else!

Still waiting on French, Geography, Science, Business and Home ec :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭juniorcert

Finally received the rest of my results today, I sat my mocks in the last week of January/1st week of February and only now did I get them all back! Did anyone else have ridiculously slow correctors or was it just my school? :/

I know I posted some of my results because I got them back at different times but I'll just post them together now :)

Maths- 74% B

English-97% A

Irish-79% B

French-79% B

Geography-91% A

History-94% A

Religion-93% A

Home Ec-92% A

Business-88% A

Science-85% A

CSPE-95% A

So 8 A's and 3 B's :D

sotisme wrote: »

English Paper 1- 91%
    English Paper 2- 100% - The examiner marked ridiculously generously, 12 out of 24 in my class got an A, whereas in the real thing my teacher told us usually only 2 or 3 out of 24 students get an A! I'm angry as now I have no clue what I actually should have got...

Irish- 85% Delighted as the only A in the class and many girls were crying over their results...

History- 87% despite getting 3/12 in my 2 page long made up essay about the cold war lol, I've realised that blabbing on rubbish doesn't work for history ;) very happy with my result

CSPE- 96% - Delighted, only got 3/6 marks for my poster but caught up by getting full marks on everything else!

Wow those results are really good, especially maths, I might be wrong but I think you're the first here to get an A! No one in our whole year got an A either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

''English Paper 2- 100%''

I call bs :D

juniorcert wrote: »

Wow those results are really good, especially maths, I might be wrong but I think you're the first here to get an A! No one in our whole year got an A either

Wow really? thanks! :D I think there was one other person in my class who got an A but I love maths, just hate project maths but tried hard so delighted with my result :) Did you have the mock paper with usain bolt and designing the measurements of a rectangular sim card?

''English Paper 2- 100%''

I call bs :D

Haha exactly, at first I was delighted but then reality hit me ;) And the irony of it is that these papers were sent away to be corrected, clearly the examiner was useless! Nobody else in the year got 100% but I still think it was too good to be true :(

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Everyone did so well I don't really want to post my results...but I'm going to anyway (or at least the ones I've received back)

Art - B (disappointed because I love art)
    Music - B
    Science - C (I got an A at Christmas so I'm annoyed)
    Maths - C
    Irish paper 1 - C
    Keep working hard everyone and good luck in June!

Wow really? thanks! :D I think there was one other person in my class who got an A but I love maths, just hate project maths but tried hard so delighted with my result :) Did you have the mock paper with usain bolt and designing the measurements of a rectangular sim card?

Ya I think maths is my favourite subject, but it ended up being my lowest result. :P And I hate project maths too, it really seems like a stupid paper and the marking scheme is ridiculous too, that paper was the reason I got a B :( And no, I had a different paper

• Advertisement

juniorcert wrote: »

Ya I think maths is my favourite subject, but it ended up being my lowest result. :P And I hate project maths too, it really seems like a stupid paper and the marking scheme is ridiculous too, that paper was the reason I got a B :( And no, I had a different paper

Don't worry, my teacher explained to us that if people are doing badly in project maths in the junior cert, they will make the marking scheme waay easier so that on average, students doing project maths will do just as well as students doing the normal maths course over the past few years if you get me. I agree though, and many feel that project maths is more of an english paper than a maths one! Hmm, maybe your mock exam was harder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

Don't worry, my teacher explained to us that if people are doing badly in project maths in the junior cert, they will make the marking scheme waay easier so that on average, students doing project maths will do just as well as students doing the normal maths course over the past few years if you get me. I agree though, and many feel that project maths is more of an english paper than a maths one! Hmm, maybe your mock exam was harder :)

yes this, if people keep complaining the marking scheme will be nice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Bluestrike

Ok got all my results back a few days ago but havent been on so here they are:
    96% - A History
    94% - A Geography
    89% - A CSPE
    89% - A Science
    88% - A Business
    86% - A Religion
    82% - B Music
    80% - B English
    76% - B French
    70% - B Maths
    62% - C Irish

All higher subjects and overall happy with results, hopefully can bumb a few of them up in actual thing
    6 A's, 4 B's and a C

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NIAMH15

English: 75% B

Irish: 78% B (best in the year!!) :P

Maths: 56% C (We haven't finished half the course yet!! :L)

French: 86% A

Geography: 75% B

History: 84.33% B (My teacher is rechecking my test to see if I can get an A :L)

Science: 73% B

Home Ec: 83% B

Business: Still haven't got it back :'(:confused:

CSPE: 88% A

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭MinnieMouse15

I got 7 A's and 2 B's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭positivealf

All A's, most were in the 88% range

English Paper 1- 91%

French- 76% Would have been an A but got a huge number of questions marked completely wrong (in comprehensions and listening) when I gave 2 details when one was asked, eg. The Question said 'name one subject Flora studies' and I answered 'German and Maths' Both were right, but marked 0 :( Is this the case in the real thing?

Geography- 79% Happy as I think I had a particularly narky examiner :P Eg. I stated that few people choose to live in forests as there is a lack of fertile soil in coniferous forest, there are often no roads or public transport, and there are very few shops and services nearby. This was marked with a huge X and a comment: 'No, People can and do live in forests and areas where there are no shops, it's a matter of personal preference!' I mean really?! :P I'm talking about the average person here, sorry if I insulted your forest homeplace... ;)

Science- 89% Very happy as it wasn't an easy exam. I studied hard for science though

Business: Paper 1: 87%
    Paper 2: 97% :D
    So an average of 92%. Very happy, I enjoy business and find it really easy

Home ec: 93% Happy although I do think my examiner was a little too generous.. However for one question it said 'list 4 influences of a persons energy requirements' I answered 'Climate, Activity levels, Size and Sex' I got sex wrong?! Even though it is clearly written in my book haha

So all in all, 9 A's, 2 B's.. DELIGHTED! :)

French- 76% Would have been an A but got a huge number of questions marked completely wrong (in comprehensions and listening) when I gave 2 details when one was asked, eg. The Question said 'name one subject Flora studies' and I answered 'German and Maths' Both were right, but marked 0 :( Is this the case in the real thing?

Geography- 79% Happy as I think I had a particularly narky examiner :P Eg. I stated that few people choose to live in forests as there is a lack of fertile soil in coniferous forest, there are often no roads or public transport, and there are very few shops and services nearby. This was marked with a huge X and a comment: 'No, People can and do live in forests and areas where there are no shops, it's a matter of personal preference!' I mean really?! :P I'm talking about the average person here, sorry if I insulted your forest homeplace... ;)

Science- 89% Very happy as it wasn't an easy exam. I studied hard for science though

Business: Paper 1: 87%
    Paper 2: 97% :D
    So an average of 92%. Very happy, I enjoy business and find it really easy

Home ec: 93% Happy although I do think my examiner was a little too generous.. However for one question it said 'list 4 influences of a persons energy requirements' I answered 'Climate, Activity levels, Size and Sex' I got sex wrong?! Even though it is clearly written in my book haha

So all in all, 9 A's, 2 B's.. DELIGHTED! :)

Really good results but for me, if I had to write every mistake my teacher made I would write an essay xD f.e. my maths teacher gives NO ATTEMPT marks! No one in our year got an A! No one! I'm HL and I got a B in maths, next 3 people got C's and D's, overly 4 people passed, rest of the class failed! Imagine that! My teacher is sooo bad I can't even imagine, and I'm still sad cause I counted up my marks again and I should have got an A in maths but my teacher said the reports were already send out i dont care. I'm not even going to comment on other teachers cause I still got 7 A's so I don't care. I also got a B in French (i only got 2 B's), but I hate french, I learned italian in 1st year and I moved schools in 2nd year, so I'm behind everyone but still managed with a B so I'm really pleased, I'll practice for JC and I'm sure I'll get an A, but overly my schools sucks! Most of the times I'm the only one with an A! But I don't care, Jc is stupid, I want to do medicine and LC is the most important ever so I'll be grand, I'm sure :D And I'm not even Irish so it's quite hard for me to learn off English sometimes cause I have to translate it to my own language first etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

I got my report card back and I got 2 C's and 8 B's.. it's not great but I think it'll motivate me to work harder for the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fitzy1998

All Higher level:
    Tech Gr. 52% Don't really care about this subject so passing is perfect for me :P

German 84%:Was expecting an A so 1% off can be changed in the upcoming months hopefully

Business 79%: Didn't even study as I am continuing with this after the Junior Cert so a B is fine

Science: 53%: Horrible result but I didn't expect much better,I've bought Revise Wise since and I'd recommend it to all struggling with this subject

Irish 80%: As I've been to Coláiste Chamuis twice (also on my recommendations list) I was hoping for an A but Unseen Poetry screwed me over :P Hoping to improve on this for June :)

English 71% : The biggest shock of them all came here,I average at a C so if I were to remain at this in June I would be delighted,if anyone has any tips on how to answer the 70 marker essays well I'd more more than happy to exchange some of my knowledge in another subject in return. :)

Maths 53% : I'm hoping for a C in June and I feel this is achieveable but still it's bad to get a D in a subject that is mandatory for the LC.

Geography 87% : My strongest subject and this was amazing :D. Some silly mistakes in Short Questions will need to be sorted for June but I feel that an A is achievable for me in geography :)

History 84%;Heartbreaking not to get an A and I feel this result will definitely drop in June as I was jammy enough to have Luther and Columbus come up in the mocks,the only two I know really well :P So a B is the hope here :)

Anyway if anyone has any tips on how to study efficiently feel free to PM me on this topic :)

• Advertisement

Really good results but for me, if I had to write every mistake my teacher made I would write an essay xD f.e. my maths teacher gives NO ATTEMPT marks! No one in our year got an A! No one! I'm HL and I got a B in maths, next 3 people got C's and D's, overly 4 people passed, rest of the class failed! Imagine that! My teacher is sooo bad I can't even imagine, and I'm still sad cause I counted up my marks again and I should have got an A in maths but my teacher said the reports were already send out i dont care. I'm not even going to comment on other teachers cause I still got 7 A's so I don't care. I also got a B in French (i only got 2 B's), but I hate french, I learned italian in 1st year and I moved schools in 2nd year, so I'm behind everyone but still managed with a B so I'm really pleased, I'll practice for JC and I'm sure I'll get an A, but overly my schools sucks! Most of the times I'm the only one with an A! But I don't care, Jc is stupid, I want to do medicine and LC is the most important ever so I'll be grand, I'm sure :D And I'm not even Irish so it's quite hard for me to learn off English sometimes cause I have to translate it to my own language first etc.

Hmm, well you know yourself that you got an A :) Yeah I know the JC isn't important in life but I'm glad we have it- It helps give people a sense of achievement :)
    Yeah I'm aiming to be a vet when I'm older- already booked into 2 vets for work experience in TY next year! My dream job would be a vet in an animal rescue, I'm hugely involved in animal welfare and with animal rescue groups :)
    What worries me is that apparently you need even higher points to do veterinary medicine than human medicine :O
    Cool, when did you move to Ireland? :)

Hmm, well you know yourself that you got an A :) Yeah I know the JC isn't important in life but I'm glad we have it- It helps give people a sense of achievement :)
    Yeah I'm aiming to be a vet when I'm older- already booked into 2 vets for work experience in TY next year! My dream job would be a vet in an animal rescue, I'm hugely involved in animal welfare and with animal rescue groups :)
    What worries me is that apparently you need even higher points to do veterinary medicine than human medicine :O
    Cool, when did you move to Ireland? :)

wow, I always struggled myself if I wanted to be a vet or a doctor, so I'll see later on but pretty sure I want to be a doctor xD; I moved in 6th class ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

I couldn't really do any study because of debating finals but here:

English 92%
    Irish 80% (still raging about this oh my god)
    Maths 54% (we hadn't done LOADS of the things on the paper and a small minority had done them in grinds classes ~__________~)
    Science 77%
    Home Ec 70% (Section B was appallingly hard and our teacher marked them even harder)
    French 77%
    History 77%
    Business 68% (I can't learn this subject to save my life)
    Geography 89%
    CSPE 94%

I'm not sure how I feel about this because in all fairness I made no studying effort at all apart from Science...

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Leopard_Star

tr0llface wrote: »
    I couldn't really do any study because of debating finals but here:

English 92%
    Irish 80% (still raging about this oh my god)
    Maths 54% (we hadn't done LOADS of the things on the paper and a small minority had done them in grinds classes ~__________~)
    Science 77%
    Home Ec 70% (Section B was appallingly hard and our teacher marked them even harder)
    French 77%
    History 77%
    Business 68% (I can't learn this subject to save my life)
    Geography 89%
    CSPE 94%

I'm not sure how I feel about this because in all fairness I made no studying effort at all apart from Science...

you did so well and still you seem to be disappointed by some of your results...:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Got my grade sheet today;

Art: 80% (Ok considering I didn't know we were going to be graded on anything :L)

Business: 85%

French: 88% (97% in the written, my aural brought me down: 83%)

English: 86%

Geography: 78% (slightly disappointed as I usually get an A; but I shouldn't complain because I didn't study)

History: 95%

Irish : 83% (so close!)

Maths: 65% ( Hope I can get this to a B; maths and I aren't the best of friends :D)

Science :83%

Cspe: 90%

Religion: 98%

So, 6A's, 4b's and a C.
    Hopefully at least two or more of my high B's will be A's in June and my C in maths will be a b :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Lots of time to improve for anyone who might have failed.
    Case in point failed chemistry in my LC mocks but got a B1 in the real deal.
    I know this thread is about Junior Cert but my point stands.

Lots of time to improve for anyone who might have failed.
    Case in point failed chemistry in my LC mocks but got a B1 in the real deal.
    I know this thread is about Junior Cert but my point stands.

wow, well done! that's why it's better to do ok in the mocks, if you fail you lose confidence etc, if you do too good like me, you become lazy and i just can't make myself study for the actual thing! so annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 joe....

Anyone got any advice on what to study for the exam as I work so hard for this but it was my lowest mock result! :( I try to learn off eachtras and the poems/short stories but I really struggle in unseen poetry/story and comprehensions!!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

joe.... wrote: »
    Anyone got any advice on what to study for the exam as I work so hard for this but it was my lowest mock result! :( I try to learn off eachtras and the poems/short stories but I really struggle in unseen poetry/story and comprehensions!!?

Yeah, my teacher said that the unseen stuff is generally where most people struggle. We had not practised any unseen stuff so I was unprepared; but surprisingly I did pretty well. I think the trick to it is to have a really solid vocabulary, and underline the key phrases in a question. It doesn't really matter if you don't understand every single part of a question, as long as you understand key words.
    I read them once, then read the questions, underlined important things and then went back and underlined in the text.
    I suppose it can be compared to French, where most of the exam is about applying your built up knowledge in a different way.
    :) Don't worry too much though, you have plenty of time to practice these before June.

• Advertisement

Yeah, my teacher said that the unseen stuff is generally where most people struggle. We had not practised any unseen stuff so I was unprepared; but surprisingly I did pretty well. I think the trick to it is to have a really solid vocabulary, and underline the key phrases in a question. It doesn't really matter if you don't understand every single part of a question, as long as you understand key words.
    I read them once, then read the questions, underlined important things and then went back and underlined in the text.
    I suppose it can be compared to French, where most of the exam is about applying your built up knowledge in a different way.
    :) Don't worry too much though, you have plenty of time to practice these before June.

This is the best way to answer any unseen on english paper 2 higher level:

Unseen drama; 30min
    -5mins to quickly decide A or B by seeing what questions are do-able.
    -7-10mins to read questions FIRST and then mark the extract.
    -Spend 8-10mins (2-3min per paragraph plus re-read) per question. If you want a A, add an extra paragraph.
    -The quicker you decide which extract and the quicker you mark up the extract, the more time added to writing the answers.

Basically the same thing with Unseen poertry and fiction, only add an extra 2mins to marking up and an extra 3mins to answering. Time is important, if you exceed the time, quickly finish what you're doing and write a conclussion. Hope this helps!

Advertisement