Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

update on my results

English-88%-A (99% on paper 2!)
    Maths-50%-D (one of the better ones in my class)
    Business Paper 1-71%-B
    History-66%-C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I didn't fail Maths and I got my C!!!!!!!!! Yay..In other news, I got a C in Business and French too..did really crap in my letter- 15/50....no more back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My teacher went on a bit of a rant when I got a B in Honours Irish for the JC... Talking about how she was disappointed about the results and all. Phh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

So far I've gotten:

Irish: 54%(My teacher only corrects out of spelling mistakes in the essays, letters etc. Which is only supposed to be 10% of the marks)
    Maths: 58%
    German: 50%(No excuse for that)
    Business: 66%
    CSPE: 90%
    History: 85%
    Religion: 88%
    Woodwork: 66 1/2%

All Higher Level. My sister, who speaks fluent Irish, thinks I should've gotten a middle B in Irish.

Hey well done, especailly on the History....aint got more yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

i got
    91% in history
    56% in maths
    58% in irish
    67% in english
    63% in science (well annoyed about that)
    70% in woodwork
    81% in business
    81% in geography
    51% in french (i should of atleast got a B but i froze)

all higher level
    i was well pleased about that the only bad thing is that i have tol ive in my brothers shadow of 7A'S and 3B'S in the junior cert and my other brother who got 600 in the leaving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭rip2roar

Was it just me or was Religion marked really hard?

I got so far...C's in Business, French, Maths, a B in English and a D in Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

I got three As, four Bs, two Cs and two Ds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

My teacher went on a bit of a rant when I got a B in Honours Irish for the JC... Talking about how she was disappointed about the results and all. Phh.

Ranting at you personally or your class in general?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

At the class, but she kept looking at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

rip2roar wrote:
    Was it just me or was Religion marked really hard?
    its a retarded subject, just leave it at that

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

All Higher level:
    Irish - 71%
    English - 81%
    Maths - 61% (but thats only Paper 1 as my teacher is too lazy to correct Paper 2, and I did really crap on paper 2 so the overall result will probably be down to about 40%)
    German - 66%
    History - 94%
    Geography - 82%
    CSPE - 78%(I messed up the report, thats the only reason I did so bad in this easy subject)
    Religion - 82%
    Business Studies - 71%
    T.G. - 53%
    Science - 55%(absolutley delighted with this as I hate Science to no end and the test was simply horrible, we hadn't done half of the stuff)

I was quite happy with my results, they weren't spectacular but they were satisfactory and to be honest I don't study that much (only the week before the mocks started) so the amount of work I put in(very little) was reflected in my results. I hope to improve a good bit for the JC, but I wish I could just keep some of my results like the English one because I don't think I'll have any hope of getting 81% in the real thing, that was a pure fluke.

All Higher Level:

D in Science (55)
    C in Maths
    C In Irish
    C in Business
    C in French
    C in History
    C in Music
    B in Geography
    B in English
    B in Religion
    B in CSPE

I think thats it...
    I got the highest for English in our class, possibly the year..me so proud..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

At the class, but she kept looking at me.
    This may have been perception. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zagaboy

All higher level:

Latin - 80%
    English - 62%
    History - 80%
    Science - 2% (i really got 62 tho)
    Geography - 86%
    Ancient Greek - 88% (yeh i do ancient greek..)
    French - 69% (screwed up in aural)
    Maths - 84% (shuda got an A)
    Irish - 56%

Pretty happy, did pretty much all my study the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

i got:

78% irish
    81% maths
    85% french
    88% home economics
    92% business studies
    93% geography
    93% science
    100% CSPE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭disney

JSK 252, was the science the new syllabus??!

If it is, how the hell did ya do it????:confused:
    Its soooooo hard!! I really cant do it, i spent soo much time studyin 4 it, and still only managed 66%, and my teacher assured us it was marked"very very very easilymarked!"

As for the other results... all better than that up to 95%, I was really really happy:)

disney wrote:
    JSK 252, was the science the new syllabus??!

If it is, how the hell did ya do it????:confused:
    Its soooooo hard!! I really cant do it, i spent soo much time studyin 4 it, and still only managed 66%, and my teacher assured us it was marked"very very very easilymarked!"

As for the other results... all better than that up to 95%, I was really really happy:)

No it was the old sylabus eg. 1989 sylabus. That doesnt mean to say that it is easier or anything. You may have a project and lab report book to write up which i agree would take up a lot of time however in fareness the actual exam paper is a lot easier than the old syllabus. There is a lot of study needed for the old sylabus too.

Who's up for the idea that sometime soon we all should like meet up and celebrate the results?? like a boards beers ( except we're not old enough to drink alcohol, so boards 7ups...)...any ideas?

• Advertisement

Who's up for the idea that sometime soon we all should like meet up and celebrate the results?? like a boards beers ( except we're not old enough to drink alcohol, so boards 7ups...)...any ideas?

Hm.........The junior cert is like in only 6 weeks or something. Why celebrate our results of our pres. tHE Junior cert is what matters.

JSK 252 wrote:
    Hm.........The junior cert is like in only 6 weeks or something. Why celebrate our results of our pres. tHE Junior cert is what matters.

I mean are you talking about our actual results?

JSK 252 wrote:

I mean are you talking about our actual results?

in the real exam

• Registered Users Posts: 78,375 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Last year's JC group met up during the summer, although they were a tighter-nit group with a bunch of them knowing each other from CTYI.

Perhaps like the weekend after the Junior Cert (around the 24th June). To celebrate it all being over. And hey, we can get to know each other. We don't NEED CTYI.

Perhaps like the weekend after the Junior Cert (around the 24th June). To celebrate it all being over. And hey, we can get to know each other. We don't NEED CTYI.

Im going on holidays on the 23rd of june for 2 weeks so i wont be back till mid july. Sure everybody else is going off on their hols aswell.Even though it has nothing to do with the forum where are you going on holidays? Also this is to do with the forum where would we all meet up if we were to? everyone lives around the country eg. i live in cork

What is CTYI?

JSK 252 wrote:
    What is CTYI?

ah sorry for asking The irish society for talented youths. I heard of it. They have courses during the summer in UCC. Lilmissprincess are you in it? Is it just academic? Some people who are really smart dont join those things. Im talented at science especially microbiology because i did my young scientist project in 2005 on probiotics in a group. I knew a lot about microbiology beforehand though. And we got 3rd prize in our junior section of the biological and ecological sciences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Centre for the Talented youth of ireland. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

the new science course is easier than years before

Advertisement