Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 CoZaa

1 or 2 more weeks until my results, just finished on friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ManxCatslol

How long did it take ye to get you results back? Cause we havnt got any of ours back yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

I got my first last week and we did that particular exam on the 1/2/'10.

I got my first last week and we did that particular exam on the 1/2/'10.
    well i did mine first on the 4th of Feb so should i expect it back this week?

well i did mine first on the 4th of Feb so should i expect it back this week?

It depends on the company and where it has to be sent to be corrected. I live in Dublin and my Business papers had to be sent to someone in South Kildare due to a shortage of correctors so I won't get that back 'till late next week.

If I were you I would expect them anytime from tomorrow though you may be waiting a few weeks for some of them.

• Advertisement

It depends on the company and where it has to be sent to be corrected. I live in Dublin and my Business papers had to be sent to someone in South Kildare due to a shortage of correctors so I won't get that back 'till late next week.

If I were you I would expect them anytime from tomorrow though you may be waiting a few weeks for some of them.
    well i think its the dublin examinations board who is correctin ours..... and lik im from sligo so i dunno :L:D

Mine were all examcraft, but some of the people here had DEB and have their results. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Science - 84% highest woo! Got almost full marks in Chemistry and Biology but physics brought me down loads, have hardly done any physics :( And the examiner wrote comments on it too :D
    Geography - 67% :o:( Let's not talkl about this :p

We started ours on the 3rd of Feb and started getting ours back last Wednesday I think (Business and it was late into the timetable). DEB also.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭tiernanmul_gos

so far i got 88 in maths paper 1 71 in tg 61 in german and 55 in science

Ok, I have 4 so far and I will be getting at least one more tomorrow.

Irish (HL) - 69% - C - I'm happy with this, Irish is my worst subject really. :)
    CSPE (HL) - 71% - B - I left out a bit in the exam by mistake. :(
    French (HL) - 59% - C - I would have gotten a high B if it weren't for the damn listening. :mad:
    Science (HL) - 86% - A - Delighted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Seeing as I just got the last of mine back, I thought I'd list them. 5 B's, 5 A's. I'm happy.

Irish-80%
    English-81%
    Maths-92%
    History-83%
    Geography-83%
    Science-85%
    C.S.P.E.-94%
    Spanish-73%
    Business-90%
    Metalwork-92%

A little disappointed with the Spanish. Stupid listening.:mad: I would have got 84% if it was only written

Ok, I have 4 so far and I will be getting at least one more tomorrow.

Irish (HL) - 69% - C - I'm happy with this, Irish is my worst subject really. :)
    CSPE (HL) - 71% - B - I left out a bit in the exam by mistake. :(
    French (HL) - 59% - C - I would have gotten a high B if it weren't for the damn listening. :mad:
    Science (HL) - 86% - A - Delighted :D

It turns out I got the only A in my science class.

History - 77% - B - I'm quite happy with this because we haven't done any Irish History yet? :)
    Maths Paper 1 - 79% - B
    Maths Paper 2 - 69% - C
    Maths Average - 74% - B - I'm happy with this because my maths teacher reckons everyone in our class can go up by 15 - 25% with an average of +20%, so if I can manage that I'll end up with an A. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

It turns out I got the only A in my science class.

History - 77% - B - I'm quite happy with this because we haven't done any Irish History yet? :)
    Maths Paper 1 - 79% - B
    Maths Paper 2 - 69% - C
    Maths Average - 74% - B - I'm happy with this because my maths teacher reckons everyone in our class can go up by 15 - 25% with an average of +20%, so if I can manage that I'll end up with an A. :)
    Did you put this exact post in the mocks discussion or am I imagining it? :confused:

Well done.. You & Jack!

M&S* wrote: »
    Did you put this exact post in the mocks discussion or am I imagining it? :confused:

Well done.. You & Jack!

Yup! I forgot about this thread. :D

Danke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭FlashGordon1969

Mocks are corrected by unsupervised teachers unlike the leaving where 10% of papers are checked. Of course some schools insist teachers correct them(and dont send away) but-not all teachers have exp of correcting state exams. Most Dont. Thus ,who knows how accurate they are.

There can be a lot of variance between them and the leaving. Given the amount of leaks on here and prob from teachers with access to paper beforehand (I gave hints I admit it)-I think their credibility as an indicator is suspect. Also obviously-aint going to be same papers in June.

Knuckle down to it!

Danke.
    Aw I was just wondering if I was going mad or reading the same thing again.

I only have two back and I'm hoping that they were the worst...
    Music teacher won't give us ours back till the report, think it's cause we might get cocky and not bother putting in effort for practicals (only after easter :eek:)

Mocks are corrected by unsupervised teachers unlike the leaving where 10% of papers are checked. Of course some schools insist teachers correct them(and dont send away) but-not all teachers have exp of correcting state exams. Most Dont. Thus ,who knows how accurate they are.

There can be a lot of variance between them and the leaving. Given the amount of leaks on here and prob from teachers with access to paper beforehand (I gave hints I admit it)-I think their credibility as an indicator is suspect. Also obviously-aint going to be same papers in June.

Knuckle down to it!

This is the Junior Cert forum. :)

Aw I was just wondering if I was going mad or reading the same thing again.

I only have two back and I'm hoping that they were the worst...
    Music teacher won't give us ours back till the report, think it's cause we might get cocky and not bother putting in effort for practicals (only after easter :eek:)

That's mean. :(

What did you get back?

Yeah but by the looks of things... I done crap! :(
    French - D (I may aswell have gotten 0/100 on the letter and postcard got next to nothing even though I used all the space)
    Tech Graph - C (Delighted seeing as I started quite late and was expecting to fail)

Yeah but by the looks of things... I done crap! :(
    French - D (I may aswell have gotten 0/100 on the letter and postcard got next to nothing even though I used all the space)
    Tech Graph - C (Delighted seeing as I started quite late and was expecting to fail)

At least you passed. :)

• Advertisement

At least you passed. :)
    If I had a nickle for everytime someone said that... Haha I know it's not like I'm doing it next year... Oh wait I am :rolleyes:

If I had a nickle for everytime someone said that... Haha I know it's not like I'm doing it next year... Oh wait I am :rolleyes:

:confused:

:confused:
    I don't really know what I meant there...
    I picked french as one of my subjects and its what I probably done worst in....

I don't really know what I meant there...
    I picked french as one of my subjects and its what I probably done worst in....

Yeah I was wondering . . .
    French has been my worst so far thanks to the listening. :mad:

I hate halls for listening!
    I was sitting right in front of the CD player but felt like blocking my ears at times... It's stupid because of echos and that too!

I hate halls for listening!
    I was sitting right in front of the CD player but felt like blocking my ears at times... It's stupid because of echos and that too!

Yeah, I sit at the front in French, and the CD player is always put on my row of desks for tape work, it wrecks your ears. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Danke.
    Can I just ask why you always use "Danke" for thank? I know it means Thank You in German but you study French. It just seems kind of random.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

I got some test back today.

Technical Graphics HL: 75% (33% in the Christmas exams).
    Engliash HL: 54% (My mind was elsewhere that day) (73% in the Christmas exams).

Go some back the other day too.

CSPE: 73% (Around the same in Christmas exams).
    Geography HL: 49% (34% in the Christmas exams).
    We also got Maths Paper 1 back. I need 8 marks from Paper 2 to pass Maths HL. (33% in the Christmas exams).

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Can I just ask why you always use "Danke" for thank? I know it means Thank You in German but you study French. It just seems kind of random.

I actually don't know why :confused:. Just a habit I suppose. I originally wanted to do German but I couldn't because of class numbers. :mad:

Yeah, no particular reason.

Does it annoy you? :pac:

• Advertisement

bevan619 wrote: »
    I got some test back today.

Technical Graphics HL: 75% (33% in the Christmas exams).
    Engliash HL: 54% (My mind was elsewhere that day) (73% in the Christmas exams).

Go some back the other day too.

CSPE: 73% (Around the same in Christmas exams).
    Geography HL: 49% (34% in the Christmas exams).
    We also got Maths Paper 1 back. I need 8 marks from Paper 2 to pass Maths HL. (33% in the Christmas exams).

:D

Well done though, particularly in Tech Graph, that's a big jump! :)

Advertisement