Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I actually don't know why :confused:. Just a habit I suppose. I originally wanted to do German but I couldn't because of class numbers. :mad:

Yeah, no particular reason.

Does it annoy you? :pac:
    No, I was just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

Jackobyte wrote: »
    No, I was just curious.

Just checking. :D Sorry I couldn't be of much help but I don't know myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭FlashGordon1969

This is the Junior Cert forum. :)
    Applies to both obviously!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 sir_

YEAH I GOT ALL A'S !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

sir_ wrote: »
    YEAH I GOT ALL A'S !
    Really? :eek: Well done... Looks like someones beat ya Jack! :P

I've yet to get back my results even though I done most my exams before midterm... I'm sure it'll be all A's... :rolleyes:

EDIT: No offense sir_ but I just felt like checking your posts and you were looking for papers in the LC forum...

Somebody's telling a few fibs!

• Advertisement

sir_ wrote: »
    YEAH I GOT ALL A'S !

You're not even doing the JC.

Ok, I have 4 so far and I will be getting at least one more tomorrow.

Irish (HL) - 69% - C - I'm happy with this, Irish is my worst subject really. :)
    CSPE (HL) - 71% - B - I left out a bit in the exam by mistake. :(
    French (HL) - 59% - C - I would have gotten a high B if it weren't for the damn listening. :mad:
    Science (HL) - 86% - A - Delighted :D

It turns out I got the only A in my science class.

History - 77% - B - I'm quite happy with this because we haven't done any Irish History yet? :)
    Maths Paper 1 - 79% - B
    Maths Paper 2 - 69% - C
    Maths Average - 74% - B - I'm happy with this because my maths teacher reckons everyone in our class can go up by 15 - 25% with an average of +20%, so if I can manage that I'll end up with an A. :)

I got 2 more today.

English - 59% - C - Our teacher went mad and called to complain to the company because the corrector deviated a lot from the marking scheme and left out pages when correcting exams. :(
    Geography - 91% - A - I'm happy with that. :)

The only exams I have to get back now are Business and Art.

So far, I'm averaging a B which I'm happy enough (for now) with.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Still waiting for business and English back, we did them before mid term I thought they'd be back by now :(

Though Im terrified to get business back, by far my worst paper(s) :cool:

deise_girl wrote: »
    Still waiting for business and English back, we did them before mid term I thought they'd be back by now :(

Though Im terrified to get business back, by far my worst paper(s) :cool:

My business won't be back till Thursday because apparently there was a shortage of correctors (I did mine before midterm too).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

My business won't be back till Thursday because apparently there was a shortage of correctors (I did mine before midterm too).
    Hopefully Ill get mine back soon then :)

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »
    Really? :eek: Well done... Looks like someones beat ya Jack! :P

I've yet to get back my results even though I done most my exams before midterm... I'm sure it'll be all A's... :rolleyes:

EDIT: No offense sir_ but I just felt like checking your posts and you were looking for papers in the LC forum...

Somebody's telling a few fibs!
    Hardly counts when he had all the papers before hand.

And Jaysus, there were exam questions and exchanges of papers flying all over the LC forum... cheating bolloxs:D

Hardly counts when he had all the papers before hand.

And Jaysus, there were exam questions and exchanges of papers flying all over the LC forum... cheating bolloxs:D

I know! Virtually all the exam papers were up by the end. Unreal! :eek:

I know! Virtually all the exam papers were up by the end. Unreal! :eek:
    If that is what it is like when we get there, I'm going to boycot that forum for the mocks period.

If that is what it is like when we get there, I'm going to boycot that forum for the mocks period.

I will certainly be avoiding that thread anyway, I'd like to think I have the willpower to post in other threads and not read that one though.

I will certainly be avoiding that thread anyway, I'd like to think I have the willpower to post in other threads and not read that one though.
    I'd like to think I have the will power as well but I still wouldn't take the chance. I liked the format of our mocks discussion thread where you said how you found the paper and used some unuseful information to distinguish between papers but I don't think that would be possible there. Not since most of the posters only come to boards to get answers and then leave again. Sir is a prime example. 6 posts, we'll probably never see him again.

They should just send all the people looking for papers to AllHonours.ie to help clear out the forum of the cheaters. Let the rest of us just get on with our exams ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I'd like to think I have the will power as well but I still wouldn't take the chance. I liked the format of our mocks discussion thread where you said how you found the paper and used some unuseful information to distinguish between papers but I don't think that would be possible there. Not since most of the posters only come to boards to get answers and then leave again. Sir is a prime example. 6 posts, we'll probably never see him again.

They should just send all the people looking for papers to AllHonours.ie to help clear out the forum of the cheaters. Let the rest of us just get on with our exams ourselves.

Never heard of that site before! How stupid! "FULL SCANS OF EXAMS".. what is the point of even doing them? The mocks are supposed to be help for the real thing? It's going to make it so much harder having to sit an exam for the first time without a clue of what's going to come up..

DKZ wrote: »
    Never heard of that site before! How stupid! "FULL SCANS OF EXAMS".. what is the point of even doing them? The mocks are supposed to be help for the real thing? It's going to make it so much harder having to sit an exam for the first time without a clue of what's going to come up..
    I only heard of it because someone I know mentioned using it for the people in history part of test :rolleyes:

Ah that site is kind of pointless. My friend was telling me about it in school saying she was using it for stuff she didn't study and it all came up and she was rather delighted... Mocks are nothing anyways but getting good results after cheating doesn't mean that you'll get them in the real thing...

Yeah, I think you're right but I don't think it would be possible to keep things clear. Even here there were hints that gave too much away.

DKZ wrote: »

It totally defeats the purpose, doesn't it?
    I only heard of it because someone I know mentioned using it for the people in history part of test :rolleyes:

I know someone who is supposedly using it, again pointless. :rolleyes:
    M&S* wrote: »
    Ah that site is kind of pointless. My friend was telling me about it in school saying she was using it for stuff she didn't study and it all came up and she was rather delighted... Mocks are nothing anyways but getting good results after cheating doesn't mean that you'll get them in the real thing...

Yeah, you can't exactly get what will be on the actual exam on the site.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I think you're right but I don't think it would be possible to keep things clear. Even here there were hints that gave too much away.
    Not to the same extent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

I GOT 90% IN MATHS HL PAPER ONE

........got 57% in paper 2

The only A I got was Geography, got a B in everything else. I just think goin to schools a bit of a waste now, I just want to study for the real thing....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

I went up to 95% in French, 70% in Geography and 85% in Science :D
    Got History back today. Was really disappointed (although wasn't expecting anything great) when I got it as I got 68% but when I looked the examiner hadn't corrected the extra paper I added. Got an extra 10%! :D So 78% now :D

Now waiting on CSPE, Religion and Home Ec I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

I did the most bizzare science diagram and I got 6 marks for it.

I only got 67% though and I though I'd get a b

Bizarre as in...?

We've done hardly any of physics and for one of the experiments, I made it up on the spot and I got 9 out of 12 marks :D

We've done hardly any of physics and for one of the experiments, I made it up on the spot and I got 9 out of 12 marks :D
    I made up the starch one on the spot just using my knowledge on starch to create an experiment and I got 12/12 in it:D

LOL xD
    I can't wait to get Maths back, it's been more than a month. Not looking forward to paper 2 though, didn't get loads finished :( Ah well what can you do

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

It was about levers forces and fulcrums. I drew this insanely stupid loooking dude pulling a lever

• Advertisement

It was about levers forces and fulcrums. I drew this insanely stupid loooking dude pulling a lever
    Haha I done an amazing one for something like that I forgot to bring a ruler so I done this amazing sketch of a lever with shading and a lightbulb showing where the light hits...

Advertisement