Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mock Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

bevan619 wrote: »
    Did you get the
    ellipse
    question done.
    To be fair that question comes up every year. If we had the same one,
    I thought it was the easiest question on the paper...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Gentlemanne

by the way you can get a fada by holding alt and ctrl and typing your letter

áéíóú

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

あなたはとても歓迎されます。
    我可以使用翻譯也 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

by the way you can get a fada by holding alt and ctrl and typing your letter

áéíóú

Actually, I'm on a mac not a pc so I can't. :)

Jackobyte wrote: »
    我可以使用翻譯也 :P

文の意味がありません。:cool:

• Advertisement

Oh, on that note, did anybody have the Examcraft Business papers?

I looked in the Mocks/Pres discussion thread and DKZ and possibly CookieMonster, Aine (sorry, no fada on my keyboard :p) and pad had the examcraft papers.

For anyone who had them and has their papers back, can you please check paper 1, section B (long questions), Q4 (insurance), A, part ii, and see if you got any marks for that question? If you did can you please post/pm me your answer?

Danke.
    Is that the question
    Name the document to be completed by Vicky when seeking insurance?

I didn't do that question but I'd know the correct answer if I heard it. Cannot think of it now, it's there somewhere, I just cannot remember it and don't have my textbook!

文の意味がありません。:cool:
    Damn, I typed "I can use a translator too" into Google Translate and translated to traditional chinese but now, going from chinese to english it says "Can I use the translation also". WTF? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭bevan619

M&S* wrote: »
    To be fair that question comes up every year. If we had the same one,
    I thought it was the easiest question on the paper...

I forgot how to bring the ellipse down a few milimetres lol. I thought the translation and symmetry question was easy enough.

Actually, I'm on a mac not a pc so I can't. :)

just right click on the OHOHOH YOU CAN'T

My favourite pc game, Team Fortress 2, is coming out on mac in April :O

If I had a MAC and was a MAC Gamer then I'd be hyped!

But I'm not. I'm getting me a laptop after I sell my Xbox 360.

• Advertisement

Is that the question

I didn't do that question but I'd know the correct answer if I heard it. Cannot think of it now, it's there somewhere, I just cannot remember it and don't have my textbook!

No, it was
    What is the title of the person in an Insurance Company who calculates the premium?
    , maybe you had DEB?

I'm pretty sure the answer is
    an actuary
    but I didn't get any marks.
    Damn, I typed "I can use a translator too" into Google Translate and translated to traditional chinese but now, going from chinese to english it says "Can I use the translation also". WTF? :confused:

I was speaking Japanese! :pac:

Right click? I am able to right click.

Right click? I am able to right click.

I thought the mac mice only had one button.

You win this time, technology

No, it was
    What is the title of the person in an Insurance Company who calculates the premium?
    , maybe you had DEB?

I'm pretty sure the answer is
    an actuary
    but I didn't get any marks.

I was speaking Japanese! :pac:
    I dunno what papers I had. The other business class had paper 1 before us so we had a different paper 1 to them but we both had paper 2 at the same time so we had the same paper 2.

I knew you were speaking Japanese (google translate told me) but I decided to mix it up with some Chinese.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Oh, on that note, did anybody have the Examcraft Business papers?

I looked in the Mocks/Pres discussion thread and DKZ and possibly CookieMonster, Aine (sorry, no fada on my keyboard :p) and pad had the examcraft papers.

For anyone who had them and has their papers back, can you please check paper 1, section B (long questions), Q4 (insurance), A, part ii, and see if you got any marks for that question? If you did can you please post/pm me your answer?

Danke.

Don't have my paper home with me, but that question with
    actuary
    as the answer came up on mine. Had yours
    about Harold (?) and his shop and the different types of insurance you had to explain? I think they were product liability insurance and public liability insurance and something else.
    I got marks for the
    actuary
    answer but I think they also accepted
    assessor

Sorry for all the spoliers! I'll bring my test home tomorrow and then I'll tell you.

I thought the mac mice only had one button.

You win this time, technology

First of all, I'm on a mac laptop so I have a trackpad.

Second of all, the mac mouse have one cover with no visible divides, but underneath it does have 5 or so buttons. The plastic is just more flexible so it doesn't have to be split.

Old mouse info page

There's also a new mouse that's kind of a combination of a trackpad and a normal mouse which can be seen here.

I dunno what papers I had. The other business class had paper 1 before us so we had a different paper 1 to them but we both had paper 2 at the same time so we had the same paper 2.

I knew you were speaking Japanese (google translate told me) but I decided to mix it up with some Chinese.:P

Ah, I was expecting Japanese. :p
    Don't have my paper home with me, but that question with
    actuary
    as the answer came up on mine. Had yours
    about Harold (?) and his shop and the different types of insurance you had to explain? I think they were product liability insurance and public liability insurance and something else.
    I got marks for the
    actuary
    answer but I think they also accepted
    assessor

Sorry for all the spoliers! I'll bring my test home tomorrow and then I'll tell you.

No, it wasn't involving a Harold and his shop, though that name came up elsewhere in the paper.

The problem is that I & a few others in my class realised after class that none of us got marks for "actuary".
    Is that the question

Same paper, same long q, different part.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Got my last exam back today, took over a month for them to be corrected :rolleyes:yet i'mdelighted with mine:D

all higher level except cspe common level
    Science-86%
    English 76%
    Religion- 91%
    Irish 86%:D
    french 88%
    Business 86% :D
    Geography 92%
    Tech graphics 81%
    Maths 90%
    CSPE 91%
    History 90%

kingcobra wrote: »
    Got my last exam back today, took over a month for them to be corrected :rolleyes:yet i'mdelighted with mine:D

Science-86%
    English 76%
    Religion- 91%
    french 88%
    Geography 92%
    Tech graphics 81%
    Maths 90%
    CSPE 91%
    History 90%
    9 A's!?? :eek: Well done!

unless you had the papers before hand >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

kingcobra wrote: »

Science-86%
    English 76%
    Religion- 91%
    french 88%
    Geography 92%
    Tech graphics 81%
    Maths 90%
    CSPE 91%
    History 90%

Wow.. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ManxCatslol

ive got three of mine back so far. am doin all honors in everyting cept CSPE ( common level)
    i got so far:
    Science- 95%
    Business- 94%
    Irish- 75%
    :D

ive got three of mine back so far. am doin all honors in everyting cept CSPE ( common level)
    i got so far:
    Science- 95%
    Business- 94%
    Irish- 75%
    :D
    What's with all the newbies coming along and taking away my gleam!:(

:pac:

Got 83% in Geography today. That's my 4th result in the 83%/84% range! :(

DKZ wrote: »
    Got 83% in Geography today. That's my 4th result in the 83%/84% range! :(

Ugh, I hate when that happens. I got the exact same result in science for 5 "important" tests (Christmas/Summer exams etc) in a row.

Dammit. I needed 1% in English, History and Business to get C's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ManxCatslol

got my geog and history back today
    got 91% in history but only 76% in geog! reli dissapointed with it! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

I got 62% in Maths (extremely pleased [even though I got all A's in First and the first part of Second Year] as I thought I had failed this) and after the listening in French I got 83%, went down from 87%. Only the OL people went up after the Listening.
    In Science I got 58% :eek:. I completely BLANKED on the exam and couldn't even remember that a female reproductive organ in a flower is the carpel >.< I'm so disappointed with this result, the lowest I've ever got in anything.
    Worried about Irish most of all because I am pretty sure that (without exaggeration) I got three out of forty marks in the Listening XD. Same with History because of the Irish aspect of it (honestly cannot remember it) and English because she's so bi-polar and could suddenly decide that all our papers are sh*te and we've failed. She took two marks off my result at Christmas because she couldn't read how I spelled one word and I went down from 100 to 98% :mad: Geography could go badly too but I got 85% in CSPE so so far I'm doing pretty well!

except for Science...

Blue_Seas wrote: »
    I got 62% in Maths (extremely pleased [even though I got all A's in First and the first part of Second Year] as I thought I had failed this) and after the listening in French I got 83%, went down from 87%. Only the OL people went up after the Listening.
    In Science I got 58% :eek:. I completely BLANKED on the exam and couldn't even remember that a female reproductive organ in a flower is the carpel >.< I'm so disappointed with this result, the lowest I've ever got in anything.
    Worried about Irish most of all because I am pretty sure that (without exaggeration) I got three out of forty marks in the Listening XD. Same with History because of the Irish aspect of it (honestly cannot remember it) and English because she's so bi-polar and could suddenly decide that all our papers are sh*te and we've failed. She took two marks off my result at Christmas because she couldn't read how I spelled one word and I went down from 100 to 98% :mad: Geography could go badly too but I got 85% in CSPE so so far I'm doing pretty well!

except for Science...

Yeah I forgot about that particular thing in science too. I labeled the diagram with 'stigma' and the examiner wrote that I might have gotten marks if I put that instead of carpel instead of leaving it blank

Blue_Seas wrote: »
    after the listening in French I got 83%, went down from 87%. Only the OL people went up after the Listening.
    In my Spanish listening I went from 84% to 73% >_< I'd have been delighted with only a 4% drop

• Advertisement

My results, all HL:

English - 90% (A)
    Maths - 75% (B)
    Irish - 67% (C)
    Spanish - 79% (B)
    History - 84% (B)
    Geography - 83% (B)
    Science - 88% (A)
    Religion - 76% (B)
    Business - 83% (B)