Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

exchanging and item that has already been exchanged...?

• 02-03-2006 11:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭

hello,

i got a present from someone for christmas and i didnt like it, they were cool about it and gave me the receipt so i could change it.

so i changed it there last week for a lovely top...

well lovely at the time, but now im thinking of a pair of jeans i saw in this shop and want to change the top for the jeans.

am i in my right to do this? will they kick up a fuss cos i exchanged twice? not sure about this at all.

id be fairly sheepish going in again now to change the top, but i really dont think i will wear it. by the way the top was €120. i splashed out (only cos my present giver splashed out on me) hmm.

please advise...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I really don't think they'll exchange it a second time unless it's faulty. You can always give it a shot though. For that much money it is worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

If the shop policy allows exchanges then you should be able to exchange again on the receipt you got on your last exchange as long as you do it within the time allowed (usually 28 days, but that is totally depends on the shop)

Because I usually try on stuff at home rather than in the shops, I would return or exchange a lot. So It's always important to ask what the store return policy is :)

Good luck the second exchange, you can always just tell them it doesn't fit or its not suitable if you think they might not allow it. What shop is it by the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I did this before with River Island. Got a top, didn't like it, exchanged it, didn't like that either, so got a refund. They didn't have a problem with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Shouldn't be a problem tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Thanks for that everyone, I'll give it a go tommorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Just remember that shops are not obliged to exchange anything under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act of 1981, unless there is something wrong with it etc. But most will out of good will.

Be nice and polite about it, you're more likely to get a result that way than screaming and shouting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

The OP has already exchanged in that shop so their policy covers it. You shouldn't have a problem with it rsta ;)

Advertisement