Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring on the snow

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

too busy watching parts of Britain getting hammered by its worst snow
    in years and years and years..

The cold to our east is winning, the weather pattern this winter has changed...

Its probably to late for this year but its interesting to note that a smallsclae climate shift has occured which will mean upcoming winters will stand a much much better chance for snowfall.

March in England will be the coldest march in decades;)

Stand By I think it might get very cold for Paddies W/end assuming GFS is right ( iffy at this distance but supported by others)
    Oh and yes you can get snow showers in March and April and yes you can get lying snow in mid march.

Rtavn1382.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive seen lying snow up to the middle of april so anything can happen, meant to be very cold next weekend but getting the precipitation is another matter.

Well at least the wind will be in the right direction this time to blow stuff in off the Irish sea.

It's all tentative at the moment though and it mightnt last long.

That HP could pivot any direction to either enhance or cut off the cold air supply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I hope it does come, been years since I have seen decent snow here. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Bartronilic

You can get lying snow in April too btw (1998)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

You can get lying snow in April too btw (1998)

And May / June - 1977 I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I can officially say that its snowing in Ferrybank, Waterford. Big chunky fellas but they're melting as soon as they hit the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Some snow outside work this morning for a while, was pretty nice.
    Heres a snap from my camera phone (sorry about quality) I took.

Work_march_16.jpg

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Pretty impressive pic from a camera phone! what model is it?

Loads of the white stuff in Laois this evening! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its a Sony Ericsson V600i I bought off Hellrazer's mate last night :), only 1.3MP but pictures are passable for a phone have to say.

Is the snow settling in Laois?, if so, pics please!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement