Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring on the snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

very heavy now and sticking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Will you look at that just had a few flakes out of a small little cumulus that has a dark full base,how fortunate am i,darn not enough for a snowball,had more flakes for my breakfast this morning-lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Like a summer's day here in Dublin city.... :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

like a summers day here too.. been like this all week, huge sunshine totals for this week I reckon, just that its been very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

there is between an inch or a little more on the ground now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Increasing cloud from the north in Galway city.
    Fingers crossed that the active part of the band of showers makes it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

I'm seeing darker cloud on the horizon now. If Kells is getting some, it might bode well for us here (in NW Dub). Fingers crossed.

Dark here now temp is 5.6 and falling
    Temp will plummet after this shower

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Just started like a blizzard here in Swords. But only lasted 20 seconds. ::(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just looking at the Met office radar.....that band of snow is heading straight for Carlow (and sorrounding counties)...CHOO CHOO :D . Let hope it doesnt die a death now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'm in Maynooth and the sky to the north of me is pure black and the wind has picked up here, looks like its heading for North Dublin???? I'm going to miss it by a few miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Snow has stopped here in Fermanagh. Nothing worth talking about. Theres the odd snow flake blowing around in the wind but thats it.

Not sure if there is a chance of any more. Day really failed to deliver any snow at all, yet previous poster advises of Blizzards in Leitrim :(

Fairy

Stopped here at 1pm roads seem to be cleared and passable on main roads wouldnt chance the back roads, blue skys here now and a lovely blanket covering everything else. Heading home to pick up the kids and make some snowmen :D

im in nth dublin and is just north of me,still missing me?????

There is more behind it snowbie, it is so black it must bucketing down somwehere north of me?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sparticus

Just started in Roscommon Town.:)

i am 3 miles sth of swords and not a thing,nothing,this is unbelievable,i give up,peeved is what i am

I feel your pain snowbie, I can see all the cloud to the North, I'm heading for Carlow in an hour hopefully I might see something along my way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

It's really weird. It seems wrong that it can be just starting in Roscommon and Dub at the same time? Are we seeing different sets of activity here or..?

edit - it's very grey here now, but no precip yet.

edit - getting greyer still, much more monotone darker cloud coming in. Wind is picking up too. Still no precip though!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If only we could get skies like this in summer. not so much as a sirius cloud in the sky here. temp last recorded at shannon of 5 degrees.

I wonder did yer wan do her naked protest on O'Connel street today. :D

Beautifull sunny day here still
    Temp maxxed at 5.7c which would mean rain in normal circumstances but It's going to drop in cloud cover.
    Even in the sun its already dropping and is 5.3c now.

However the dp is still - 7

That band is narrowing all the while probably for 2 reasons,(1) the athmosphere is very dry into which it is heading and (2) the low pressure core is departing

Its still a line though and it will or should give snow for a time in Carlow and right the way west to Galway where it will be heavier.

I'm still not expecting much here if anything as though the band is going south south east in direction, the bit for here would have to cross the mountains.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Just on the phone to a mate in Julianstown and it's snowing there now also, sticking for the most part as well.

I was side swiped,wow,its all around me but not a drop,lol,maybe its me its trying to avoid,well another dark shower on the way maybe this time
    Temp dropping still 4.2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Good satelitte pic of the band of precip below, what way is it heading? It it curving around towards the south east?

http://www.net-weather.co.uk/pages/charts/noaa-18-03031314-hvct-precip.jpg

First trickle here in Dublin city.

It's west of me now as well, I might just see some before I leave.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

been snowing here for 15 minutes now but it is very light and patchy most of the time and its not sticking as its just not heavy enough, ground is wet now.

Like you Irish1 need some to shut me up looks promising because band is now starting to shift SE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Was a very light flurry here in D8 a few minutes ago - stopped now but some very black skies to the north north east which are closing in slowly but surely. Hopefully there should be some action soon.
    Looking at the 14:30 radar, the precip appears to be intesifying in Western Dublin.

snowing heavier now and starting to stick, only a very slight dusting so far

• Advertisement

highdef wrote:
    Was a very light flurry here in D8 a few minutes ago - stopped now but some very black skies to the north north east which are closing in slowly but surely. Hopefully there should be some action soon.
    Looking at the 14:30 radar, the precip appears to be intesifying in Western Dublin.

CLOSING IN HERE IN D13 ALRIGHT

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement