Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring on the snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

It could of just been raining:mad:

Ground wet and nothing sticking.. light snow for the last 1.15mins:rolleyes:

Beginning to stop and not even a dusting:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Yeah Lads, Fill in your locations in your profiles. :)

Looks like we`ll get nothing down here in Cork , and if we do it will be late tonight. We`ll probably grab the last flake :D

Enjoy it while ye have it,its a very narrow band so it sclear up soon.

I doubt it will get through the wicklow mts,I'll know in about 2 hrs.

It will get to carlow in about 2 hr's though I'd say :)

Briefly and for a limited time I'm putting up the radar for 345pm

20060303RDUK97V1545_lradar_0.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭RobEire

Snowing HEAVILY in the Phoenix Park now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Is this IT or is there something big on the way:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

RobEire wrote:
    Snowing HEAVILY in the Phoenix Park now.

Very heavy snow in Ballymount Industrial estate. Its sticking!

Maybe people should post their locations as they post conditions. Here in Dub SW it started off quite dandruffy and is now going full tilt. No sticky sticky though. At least, not yet.

Yeah thats cause the ground got a bit of sun.

Temp at 5.2c here now but dropping fast.

Dewpoint rising- currently -5c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Light snow in Bray now

LoL

Its on its way then,show it the N11 :D

I doubt it will make it down here, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Earthman wrote:
    It will get to carlow in about 2 hr's though I'd say :)

:D:D *sitting waiting with camera* I see an increase now in cloud from the North West.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Very heavy snow and sticking in Dublin 12 right now.....

couldnt be more disappointing watching hours of snowfall melt into the tarmac:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Is there anything else due today/tnite or is whats outthere the last we'll see of a dusting untill octoberish?

beightwening up here.. ho hum.. to next year:(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Wibbler

Well it's eased off here in D15 and the it's brightening up. Looks like that was it for winter 05/06 snow in Dublin. :(

just far too warm for settleing snow:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭whacker4fun

half inch of snow in ashbourne not on the roads doh,just the grass.better be more

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

lol, yeah, I think we're seeing the backend of it now. The cloud is getting brighter, visibility is on the up.

Light covering in D15. The evergreens out the back look like nicely picture-postcard now :)

Is that really gonna be it? No other possible developments now? Things looked so good last night for that little PL looping back on dublin :p

Still, at least we saw something. More than I expected after Tues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

A light covering on grass and roofs etc here, nothing major. Stopped now (as soon as I get in!)
    <-- location

Ironic that the last flakes to fall this winter will big the biggest and
    yet the biggest disappointment:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

coming down in D4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

well it wasnt what aberdeen got but it was something still goin in d13 and wow its heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Traling off here in SW Dub too. With any luck might still be something to walk through to get to the pub for a nice warm pint of cold Guinness. This is what we need but with snow. Think Trabolgan on Ice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Still sunny in Wicklow. Temp has been above 7C, now back down to 5C. Incredible low dewpoint earlier of -10.0C beating previous station record of -7.3C 29th Jan 2004. Records back to 1999 Humidity was 30%

flakes are huge here and still belting down but i can see the blue sky a coming.
    starting to settle when its finally finishing.typical
    temp 0.9c fell 4c in an hour
    if only temps were as low as last night we could all have postedpics of our snowmen,ah well maybe next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Some very dark clouds now starting to bear down on Carlow....its coming :D:D

They even look like thunder clouds, very gloomy and dark!

now for the freeze up 2nite,goin be a cold one,ice skating conditions for the night instead of snowball fightin.Bring back the 80s when it stayed for weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,263 ✭✭✭highdef

Well the snow has stuck here in D8 but only on ground where the sun never shone today - I can see a shrp line on the road outside, one side just wet and the other white with snow.

Important question though: No sign of the sun coming out again before sunset so with temps already at 0c, will the roads be dangerously icy tonight seeing as it is supposed to be as cold as last night? I ask because I have to drive from one side of the city to the other at 9pm tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Still a little sunshine, but temp is dropping. Unfortunately Dp is rising nearly as fast
    Temp 3.6, Dp -1.4

Clouds bearing down. So while I will see flakes, they're not going to stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Hugh snowflakes falling (Laois) but barometer indicates pressure is rising sharply, so I don't hold out too much hope for getting snowed in!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement