Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metal After Midnight - Extreme Metal Radio 103.2FM

• 03-03-2006 12:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭

METAL AFTER MIDNIGHT, Dublin's best extreme metal and hard rock radio show. Broadcasting on Dublin City Anna Livia 103.2FM every Thursday Night / Friday Morning from Midnight until 2am.

If you want to request a song or get in touch with us, you can text us on 085 1038455 or call us on 01 8658020 and we'll do our best to get your request played.

If you are in a band or a metal related enterprise (gig promotion etc) get in touch with us at metalaftermidnight@gmail.com and we'll give you details on how to contact us to get your enterprise plugged or your band's music played.

We broadcast across Dublin on 103.2FM, stream live from www.dublincityannaliviafm.com and the show is podcast every week from www.dvblinia.com

Tune in from Midnight every Thursday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

cool, i'll tune in from now on, assuming im home. we need a good metal station in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 TipTopToe

Excellent, I haven't heard good metal radio since Jay Kay on the radio went off the air :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I've heard a couple of shows, good variety of tunes (though I'd like alittle more stuff from the 80's myself) but well done anyway lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

IT sucks that i no longer live in dublin!!!!!!!!!!Saying that when i was in dublin the only metal was on Phantom every saterday night for teh ten oclock mosh and that only went on for half an hour.

You should all be greatfull that you live in dublin.Down here in waterford the closest thing you get to metal on the radio is "fm after ten where the od tmie you might get 1 song during the whole 2/3 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭dib

IT sucks that i no longer live in dublin!!!!!!!!!!Saying that when i was in dublin the only metal was on Phantom every saterday night for teh ten oclock mosh and that only went on for half an hour.

You should all be greatfull that you live in dublin.Down here in waterford the closest thing you get to metal on the radio is "fm after ten where the od tmie you might get 1 song during the whole 2/3 hours.

You can stream directly from http://www.dublincityannaliviafm.com or download the podcast from http://www.dvblinia.com

Dave

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    I've heard a couple of shows, good variety of tunes (though I'd like alittle more stuff from the 80's myself) but well done anyway lads.

What kind of stuff from the 80's would you like to hear man??

You'll regret asking that ;)

OK, in no particular order....

Acid Reign, Slammer, Xentrix, Sabbat, D.A.M. Onslaught and any of the other fantastic UK thrash bands who played McGonagles often. Sacred Reich - Surf Nicaragua please please please. Coroner, especially the Mental Vortex album. Trouble. Some D.R.I. would be greatly appreciated. Prong, my own preference would be something from Prove You Wrong but the punters would probably appreciate Cleansing more. The first two Annihilator albums are solid gold, well worth a spin. Some Suicidal Tendencies would be wonderful to hear. Athiest for sure, everybody should be hearing them. If you've got some Celtic Frost to hand, put it on and I'll buy you a pint. Some Exodus and Flotsam & Jetsam too. Overkill's Years Of Decay album is high on the list too and I'll spare you from any more, except to say that hearing Voivod on the radio would be a wonderful thing.

Well, you did ask :p

Doctor J wrote:

Acid Reign, Slammer, Xentrix, Sabbat, D.A.M. Onslaught and any of the other fantastic UK thrash bands who played McGonagles often. Sacred Reich - Surf Nicaragua please please please. Coroner, especially the Mental Vortex album. Trouble. Some D.R.I. would be greatly appreciated. Prong, my own preference would be something from Prove You Wrong but the punters would probably appreciate Cleansing more. The first two Annihilator albums are solid gold, well worth a spin. Some Suicidal Tendencies would be wonderful to hear. Athiest for sure, everybody should be hearing them. If you've got some Celtic Frost to hand, put it on and I'll buy you a pint. Some Exodus and Flotsam & Jetsam too. Overkill's Years Of Decay album is high on the list too and I'll spare you from any more, except to say that hearing Voivod on the radio would be a wonderful thing.

Right so!! I'll do my best to throw some of that on on Thursday.

:)

Nice one man :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Yay I got a nice bit of enslaved requested!

Cheers dib

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

Doctor J wrote:

Years of decay, brilliant!!

Definitly 80s music needs more of a look in

Years of decay, brilliant!!

Definitly 80s music needs more of a look in

No problem. I'll sort that out. Send us a text on 085 1038455 on Thursday.

Dave

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Found the show by accident when walking home from work one night, was shocked to hear metal on Irish Radio, but delighted :) Great selection of stuff, keep up the good work.

Cheers for the support guys.

We're hoping to make the show bigger and better with competitions, interviews reviews and much more in the future.

For now, keep tuning in or downloading the podcast and tell your friends.

Any requests - leave them here or text us on 085 1038 455

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

Is it possible to hear some Dimmu Borgir, Deicde, Decapitated, Death, Kreator, Bathory,Burzum on the show??????

Is it possible to hear some Dimmu Borgir, Deicde, Decapitated, Death, Kreator, Bathory,Burzum on the show??????

Yes. Yes it is. All of the above will more than likely be played along with some quality Irish Metal.

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sheldonplank

Ssssssssssslllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeerrrrrrrrr

Up ya go! Metal After Midnight Co - Presenter Dan Mc Sorely is back from down under, so expect normal service to resume from tonight.

Requests by text to 085 1038 455 or call us on 01 865 8020

LIVE STREAM AT WWW.DUBLINCITYANNALIVIAFM.COM

Metal After Midnight - Dublin's best Extreme Metal & Hard Rock radio show broadcasts from Dublin City Anna Livia FM on 103.2 across Dublin and across Ireland and the World on www.dublincityannaliviafm.com.

We play the best in both Irish & International Extreme Metal & Hard Rock. You can call us on +353 1 865 8020 or text us (Ireland only) on 085 1038455 and request a song or drop us some news to read out on air.

If you want your band's demo or album played on the show, then get in touch with us. You can email us at metalaftermidnight@gmail.com or just post your demo/album to:

METAL AFTER MIDNIGHT Attn Dave/Dan
    Unit 6, Docklands Innovation Park,
    East Wall Road,
    Dublin 3
    Ireland

TUNE IN --- ROCK OUT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

Anything by Carcass would be great!!

• Advertisement

Will do! The most regularly checked request place is www.metalireland.com so if you want to get a request in, head over there or you can text us at any time at 0851038455

\m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Heres what you need for a rocking hour long metal show

Metallica : Disposable Heroes
    Slayer : Dead Skin Mask
    Otep : Blood Pigs
    Mudvayne : Dig
    Motorhead : Anything
    Soulfly : Prophecy
    Slipknot : Duality
    Pantera : Walk
    System Of a Down : Suite Pee
    American Head Charge : Loyalty
    Tool: Vicarious
    Soundgarden: Jesus Christ Pose

Stuff like that would keep me tuned in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

I'll Deffo be listening to this tonight :D:D

i sent you lads an email too...

enjoy :)

Cheers guys. Much appreciated. Text us in at 0851038455 on the night for requests.

TUNE IN - ROCK OUT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Far too much rock tonight, not enough metal.

You need some origin(anything off echoes of decimation or Informis Infinitas Inhumanitas) to spice it up a bit

I was actaully off that night so rest assured that there will be plenty of metal this Thursday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Youll have to play something AND comment on Cliff Burton this week lads, ill be listening out for you!

Will do man! Will do. Anything in particular you'd like to hear in honour of the bell bottomed one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

dib wrote:
    Will do man! Will do. Anything in particular you'd like to hear in honour of the bell bottomed one?

Eh creeping death is always a good one, but I think maybe something that showcases his undeniable talent ('Call of Ktulu' or 'Orion' if you have time would be absolutely great) would be good

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Hey, Listened to most of the show last night.

Cool to see (hear) a metal show on the radio.

Keep up the good work!!

Advertisement