Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype freezing

• 03-03-2006 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I have NTL 2MB Wireless Broadband. Video on Skype freezes each time I call somebody. Anybody experiencing the same problem? Is 2MB sufficient to make calls/video on Skype? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I have eircom 2mb and I cant even call someone ! I dont know why but its annoying me now

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

128k or possibly less will work.
    It may be a configuration problem on your PC.

For voice even 28K will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 redbag

Was talking to Blueface last week - the support guy reckoned that 40k was all the voice service needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Make sure you have the most recent version of Skype (released 2 days ago) and also check for any updates for your webcam drivers.

I have been using Skype with video over a 1Mbps wireless connection - most of the time it was more like 128kbps - and it worked fine. 2mbps should be more than enough

Advertisement