Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crane Hire

Options
  • 03-03-2006 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Looking to hire a crane to lift roof trusses onto two storey house...

Looking for recommendations in the Louth/Monaghan/Meath/North Dublin area and also a ball park figure of what I could expect to pay...

Cheers,

Dec

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

80 euro per hour is what we paid as far as I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭squire1

Try Gabriel O'Brien (based out of Dublin) but works all over. 01 4595500. Also try Tommy O'Grady (based in Offaly). They are both fully insured and have a large fleet of mobile cranes.

Price depends on size of crane which will be determined by the reach that is required. A typical 25Tn mobile would set you back about €60 to €80 per hour with a minimum hire of 6 hours plus travel to site. Might be able to get a better deal if some of them are working locally on a site or something.

All I'd advise is to get out the yellow pages and shop around. Just make sure whoever you use is insured and the crane has an up to date certificate. Lot of cowboys out there.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

lol, bit of pimping going on there Jong ;) Not sure who will hire a crane from US though

Advertisement