Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Scotland Switcher

Options
  • 03-03-2006 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Thinking of switching my mortgage over from PTSB to the new Bank of Scotland switcher. BOS is offering a discounted tracker of 2.7% (dependent on ECB rate) for two years and then you go back to the standard 3.25%, if you're borrowing less than 75% of your Loan to Value.

They'll also pay for you legal fees to switch over - has anybody done this yet? And PTSB charge me for switching?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Crubeens wrote:
    Thinking of switching my mortgage over from PTSB to the new Bank of Scotland switcher. BOS is offering a discounted tracker of 2.7% (dependent on ECB rate) for two years and then you go back to the standard 3.25%, if you're borrowing less than 75% of your Loan to Value.

They'll also pay for you legal fees to switch over - has anybody done this yet? And PTSB charge me for switching?

I think you'll find they only pay 1000 towards legal fees. What are these anyway? Is it similar to when you first buy a house.

PTSB shouldn't charge you if you are on a variable rate only if you fixed.
    Also RBoS tie you in for a minimum of 5 years or you get charged fees if
    you leave them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Crubeens

Not sure how much the fees are - I checked out the situation and they will pay €1000 towards fees if you're using your own solicitor, but if you use their own team of solicitors they'll pay the full amount.

I had to make a quick decision so ended up staying with PTSB and fixed for two years - took the peace of mind option

Advertisement