Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - Mortgage Fairy needed!

Options
  • 03-03-2006 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Please please advise please, I am in mid 30's, been travelling for years but want to buy a house in Ireland now. No work record, no bank record to speak of, no P60 or any of that stuff. Partner in same boat. The only plus is that we CAN afford monthy repayments etc but just don't know where to start as we would look so scatty and/or criminal to any lending institution.

ANY advice appreciated! thanks a million! ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You don't need a fairy you need a broker, i suggest you ring arround and find one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 louloo

Thanks for that! But really am totally ignorant on the subject so could you tell me a little of what to expect, how it works...? How would anyone give me a mortgage when I've no proof of earnings past, present or future... no tax record, nada, nothing!:(

I'm completely out of the system here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

louloo wrote:
    How would anyone give me a mortgage when I've no proof of earnings past, present or future... no tax record, nada, nothing!:(

No-ones suggesting you would get a mortgage given the above but considering how easily credit is being dished out nowadays it wouldn't surprise me that some broker somewhere would manage it.

Typically 6 months worth of permanent employment is all you'll need to get approval, if you can give more info you'll get more feedback i.e. the nature of your employment/salary/savings etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 croiadh

I work as a mortgage and finance broker and hold 12 different lending agencies.

Ge-money should allow you to self certify your income in most cases - whilst they offer this service they do charge a higher interest rate to cover the risk.

It might be worth a look at there web site and see if there is a broker in your area who holds a Ge-money agency

Of couse there are terms etc that Ge may apply

Advertisement