Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skin bleach?

• 03-03-2006 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭

does anyone know of any bleaching agent that will work on skin?
    Its for some angry red scars that wont return to normal colour.

I've tried loads of different routes incl bio-oil, derms etc but if Michael jackson can do it on his whole body then surely i can on a small scar?

Anyone know what he is supposed to have used?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would recommend in the strongest possible terms that you go to a doctor and seek proper professional medical advice for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭because_I_can

I have. I've spent 1000's on derms but they can be very self serving. One guy put me on laser therapy and it worked well but he wont do anymore on the area's and wont tell me about other options. The main two i've been to were strange guys.
    They'd not answer any questions. If i asked them they got offended

All id like to know is if someone knows of a creamthat can lighten the colour of your skin. Just the name or any info so i can look it up some more. I've a friend who is a doctor and he is unsure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If your friend is a doctor and doesn't know then how do you expect anyone else to know?

Michael Jackson claims to have a skin disease - Vitiligo by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would be very very wary of trying to do this yourself. Lots of people permanently damage their skin trying to "bleach" it themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

It's apparently very common among Afro-carribean women, that and taking chicken steroids to fatten up their asses, but it causes a lot of problems with blisters and burns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

This might sound like a dumb question, but does scar tissue even have enough pigmentation in it to be bleached?
    Isn't the redness just caused by the fact certain layers are destroyed, those being the layers with pigment?

You don't say how old the scars are or how much healing has been done, but sometimes they say time rather than too much treatment can help scarring.
    I have a big scar on my right hand which was very red for the first 2 years, but now, 3 years later, and with me putting tonnes of Vit E on it, it faded significantly. It's even got a little normal skin colour back into it.

Obviously depending on your scarring, it may not be in the same league at all, but do you really think burning your skin further with bleach will help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭because_I_can

ya possibly.
    The bio oil seems to be good stuff. I'll give it another few months.
    To be honest i wasnt going to rush out and buy this stuff (if it even exists)
    All i wanted was some info. food for thought if you will

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

ya possibly.
    The bio oil seems to be good stuff. I'll give it another few months.
    To be honest i wasnt going to rush out and buy this stuff (if it even exists)
    All i wanted was some info. food for thought if you will

Thanks

There are illegal preparations avaialable in Dublin in African shops, but really you dont want to put that shit on your skin, it causes no end of problems, I have no idea if it would even work on a white person. The chances are that it would cause a lot more problems than it would solve and it appears to burn the pigment out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

does anyone know of any bleaching agent that will work on skin?
    Its for some angry red scars that wont return to normal colour.

I've tried loads of different routes incl bio-oil, derms etc but if Michael jackson can do it on his whole body then surely i can on a small scar?

Anyone know what he is supposed to have used?
    Use make up like Michael Jackson does. There are only skin lightening products. It's almost impossible to change the colour of your skin dramatically. The best you can do is probably lighten your skin to some extent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I suspect the same as kittex, I don't think that would have an effect on scars (skin lightening), it's not the same as normal skin tissue.

Do a Google search for make-up to use on scars, perhaps there are specific products for this purpose, like a more durable and thicker liquid foundation?

• Advertisement
Advertisement