Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday Night's Main Event

• 03-03-2006 11:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

This gonna be on sky at all does anybody know?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

ENTERTAINMENT: Live WWE Wrestling
    Channel: Sky Sports 3
    Date: Sunday 19th March 2006
    Time: 01:00 to 03:00 (starting in 15 days)
    Duration: 2 hours.
    Saturday Night Main Event: After a 13-year absence the two hour special makes its return to television. Expect extra special thrills and spills from the WWE Superstars.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031
    Copyright GipsyMedia Ltd.

i am wondering, because this will be on NBC in the states will there be ad breaks every 2 seconds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It will be no more annoying than the live Raw on Monday night. Still very annoying though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Since we see it on sunday, there will probably be edits all over the place like they do to raw. If the ads are that bad, except to see alot of "dont try this at home" and coming to England ads. Cool that their showing it though. Shawn Michaels vs Shane Mcmahon in a street fight should be a great match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

thats great news mossy monk. i was full sure we would not see it.
    yes jerichoholic the americans do love their ad breaks. but still sky+ monday night raw is better to watch, A- you can speed the ads 30 times and it takes no time to do that. B- you will see edit raw on thurs. C- i hate the 30sec breaks they take on the edit show ( you know the one, please dont try this at home ad). D- during the edit show half the sceen is taken up during each match ( ok, its not long, i know) with a hello friends across the pond ad. its amazing the way you can hear the wrestlers during that ad and you cant hear king, joey or coach. In the live raw they are talking all the time and you get no hello friends across the pond break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Stalfos wrote:
    Since we see it on sunday

you misunderstand

1am Sunday our time is 8pm Saturday New York time. it is live

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Mossy Monk wrote:
    you misunderstand

1am Sunday our time is 8pm Saturday New York time. it is live

:o Maybe they'll have WWE unlimited running that night then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

ahhh another wwe program to tape, my dad is gonna kill me, march madness is on.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

On a related matter, the next SNME will be in June

Fozzy wrote:
    On a related matter, the next SNME will be in June

oh, and heres me thinking this was going to be a weekly thing :o:o

I know, they never really made that clear. It was never every week though. I was starting to think it might just be a once off thing, until I heard that news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

It'll be interesting to see what rating it does on NBC. There was a poll conducted on wrestling observer and with Big Dave comments:
    Prediction on the rating for the first Saturday Night Main event:
    3.0 to 3.9 29.9% sounds low and people at NBC will be furious over this
    4.0 to 4.9 32.3% nobody will happy with this either
    5.0 to 5.9 21.2% this would be okay
    6.0 to 6.9 8.9% this would be a success
    7.0 to 7.9 2.0% dancing in the streets
    8.0 to 8.9 1.7% John Cena has a chance to beat HHH
    9.0 and above 4.0% Vince will drug test himself thinking it's not real

My guess would be that it will do a low to mid 5.

It'll be interesting to see what rating it does on NBC. There was a poll conducted on wrestling observer and with Big Dave comments:
    Prediction on the rating for the first Saturday Night Main event:
    3.0 to 3.9 29.9% sounds low and people at NBC will be furious over this
    4.0 to 4.9 32.3% nobody will happy with this either
    5.0 to 5.9 21.2% this would be okay
    6.0 to 6.9 8.9% this would be a success
    7.0 to 7.9 2.0% dancing in the streets
    8.0 to 8.9 1.7% John Cena has a chance to beat HHH
    9.0 and above 4.0% Vince will drug test himself thinking it's not real

My guess would be that it will do a low to mid 5.

well considering it's the first one, i'll say 6.0-6.9 but thats being optimistic

It'd be very hard to predict. NBC is a bigger channel than the ones WWE usually broadcast on, so it should be a good bit higher than the regular ratings. I'll go for a 5.0!

Advertisement