Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bebo???

• 03-03-2006 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭

Seriouslly..... why the fúck is everyone using bebo??? whats the fascination with it???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I'm in the library now.....and when you look around at least five people within view are on Bebo and everyone few minutes you hear the word 'Bebo', feckin' mad, but in saying that, I'm on it too........it got a hold of me :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

can you search by location on there??? search by college or school???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Once you sign up, or get an invite from someone then you can join your college and see who else from the college is there....even add a brick to the wall! :D . Thats the only search you can do, you cant put in someones name and look for them as far as I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

wow a ****ing brick to wall!
    that sounds so amazing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

It has taken over Maynooth too, theres talk of it being banned from college computers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Shay, they recently added schools and collages to it so you can join them to meet people from the collage or your old school friends (if ya had any!!).

Steve liked the sound of that brick so much he joined up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

you see my brick? :)
    you see the brick i gave to eoinzy? :)
    i got a new video on my profile :)
    yes i got beboed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

BALKIE, ITS ****IN C-O-L-L-E-G-E!! COLLEGE!!! LEARN IT BITCH!

on another note, steve is a dickface!

also, bebo is a plague!

http://eoinzy.bebo.com <
    hehe

No i won't.... i like saying collage as it pisses you off royally :D

if you pimp yours, i'll pimp mine http://balkieb.bebo.com :P

how did u get all them friends, balkie-balls?

by the way, anyone wanna join my "sEcReT cLuB"? its full of cool ppl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

fookin bebo,now take my quizzes

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

dirty spamming whores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

i give it a few weeks and itll be a 403.

ye, it'll go the way of MySpace. a shame really, as it kinda linked everyone in the college together and provided almost a soap-like quality to the LRC, with everyone being different characters with their own spin-off shows and crazy goings-on!

LONG LIVE BEBO!!!

Can they 403 it if your using a laptop in the LRC?

stuff that went the 403 way:
    Poolsharks, i think it was poolgame.co.uk or something
    hotmail for awhile.

ye course they can 403 it! ur laptop connects to the college server, and the college server kinda forwards ur stuff on, so if the colege server is blockin it, then its gonna tell ur laptop to go f**k itself when it asks for something thats 403'd! simple!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

i heard about this friday thanks to stevenk, I have to say its a disease. It will be banned before the end of March. Maybe the end of next week. Hopefully then it will be forgotten about. On a side note, Are computer services banning anybody playing flash games these days? I was just walking through bottom floor of library the other day and seen at least 5 people playing games in open view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

elvis2002 wrote:
    I was just walking through bottom floor of library the other day and seen at least 5 people playing games in open view.
    At least it ain't Quake3:rolleyes::D:cool:... or is it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i have to say, the techies are going a bit overboard banning sites this year. ok, i know the computers in college are for college use, but come on, at least let us look at things like imageshack/myspace/google video etc...

of course they are, they are arrogant knobs, once i was in the LRC laying a poolgame, 1 walked past and alt f4(ed) the screen, he could have asked me to turn off the game but took it upon himself to be a foolio

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

you should have screamed at him that your a programing or web developent student and it was your project.

Although when you think about, with the amount of students in the college, if all the services such as google earth and any streaming video services were allowed. The bandwidth would disapear in no time. I'm sure HEAnet would love to watch IT Carlow dig into their bandwidth with gigs of video transfers a month.

yah scream at him, and end up getting banned for a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

YBH, tho, there's nothing worse than trying to get a computer to finish your college project on, and finding 30 people laughing at the same webpage... bebo, you say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

yesterday i did a little survey. all the floors of the LRC excluding the computer rooms where there's always ppl in them. I started at the top floor and counted my way down. I counted 64 people on bebo. just thought id do it for the laugh.....so bring on the blocking...haha

Now that just sad :)

Also i didn't think ya wanted it banned considerin your on it :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

you took the words right out of my mout
    h balkie

60 people on at one time, jaysus, thats unreal. I logged on to bebo once to see a photo of a particular lovely stevenk informed me off. Viewable at http://collettequinlan.bebo.com Thats the only good reason I can see to go there. There's a few more around there somewhere too...

I still think its a good bet that it will be banned before friday. It cant go on much longer.

Quote from some ejit that posted this on bebo itcarlow page.

"i would like to ask all people that use the computers for projects to stay on the first floor and leave the second and third for bebo use strictly thank you any complaints feel free to never e mail me or you can contact me at this number at no time 0879546658 thank you"

I think it speaks for itself tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

My flavour of the week this week (Rag Week in Maynooth) is walking up to random strangers and going - " I know you, you're on bebo aren't ya! "

The reactions are amazing!

haha i know, its gettin mad! some girl came to view the spare room in me house and i was like "jaysus, i know her from somewhere!". the shame of it when i realised i knew her from bebo! shockin! her sister was hot though...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Now that just sad :)

Also i didn't think ya wanted it banned considerin your on it :P

ah it dosent really bother me man coz i got net back at my gaf anyways....:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement