Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Years to register new property (Land Registry)????

Options
  • 03-03-2006 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Hi,

I just got a letter from the solicitors who originally dealt with the purchase of my apartment about 3 and half years ago.
    Apparently it still hasn't been registered with the Land Registry and they've sent me out a pile of forms to sign(Affadavit of Discovery, Copy of Lease)

Just wondering is this normal?

I moved my mortgage to a different bank a year and a half ago with no problems(different solicitor this time) save the original solicitors came back saying i now owed them another 500 euro to complete Land Registry registration.

I've now gone to sale agreed on the apartment and am hoping that this won't hold up issues to much as we need a fairly quick sale.

Cheers,

C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Very standard for it take a while but I thought they had a 2 year limit but I might be wrong. 3 1/2 years seems a bit on the extra long side

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Thanks morningstar. Was just wondering.
    Maybe they got around the 2 year limit due to the fact i moved the mortgage.

Apparently it won't hold up the sale as it can proceed once they have a dealing number from the Land Registry, which they can get online.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I found out recently that after 8 months after buying my house, that the Land Registry had not been completed and was told that they have up to 2yrs to complete it....so 3 1/2 yrs seems more than what they're allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Cuauhtemoc

Update/Advice

The Land registry has had the documents for the last 2 weeks. I have had the dealing number for the same length of time as has my solicitor.

Initally (i must have got it wrong) i thought they could proceed with the contracts once they had this dealing number. I presume that they can proceed with that but my solicitor is says they need the title deeds back from the land registry as well(makes sense).

Despite assurances from both solicitors initially that this issue wouldn't affect the sale of the apt its been 4 weeks since we went sale agreed and still no contracts have gone out to the buyer.

Is there any way i can speed up getting the deeds back from the land registry?
    The solicitor responsible for registering the property has called them repeatedly but is there anything i can do? Could i go in there?
    I'd be grateful for any advice as we need the proceeds from this to close the sale of our new home(even getting to signed contracts would be good enough)

Thanks,

C.

Advertisement