Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test today!

Options
  • 03-03-2006 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

HI
    Ive got my driving test today in shannon, anyone got any tips on what NOT tod do?! Not obvious ones now like, dont speed or dont drive on the curb and stuff like that!
    cheers ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

just be calm and keep looking through mirrors etc, donot panic even if you know you did something wrong

good luck and hope you pass

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Best of luck. I hope the cold weather isn't a factor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭AnTaoiseach

Think of the driving test like this....
    If you fail, its of no consequence. Its another 38 euro or so, and thats it.
    If you fail, you can still drive home.
    Good luck, and dont be nervous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

nice one lads,cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jdwals

And don't get too hung up on speed limits. Sometimes it is better to go a few kph over the limit if it means keeping up with the flow of traffic or else you could get failed for the dreaded and oh so hard to pin down "lack of progress".
    Then best way to approach it is not as a test but that you are giving someone a lift and that all they are doing is giving you the directions. It worked for me.
    Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jdwals

Oh - one important thing is to slightly exagerate things when you look in the mirrors. Normally when I am driving a quick glance with my eyes is enough but when doing the test I made sure to turn my head slightly in the direction of the mirrors - up, left and right to make it really clear to the tester that I was using them.
    Just a little turn of the head - no need to lean across them when checking the left hand mirror now! (edit: unless they are good looking with great perfum or aftershave of course!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Stev dont forget to wear the little black mini skirt !! ;)

Good luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

jdwals wrote:
    Oh - one important thing is to slightly exagerate things when you look in the mirrors. Normally when I am driving a quick glance with my eyes is enough but when doing the test I made sure to turn my head slightly in the direction of the mirrors - up, left and right to make it really clear to the tester that I was using them.
    Just a little turn of the head - no need to lean across them when checking the left hand mirror now! (edit: unless they are good looking with great perfum or aftershave of course!)

Agree with the above.
    And drive to the limit. I got two minor faults for going at 25mph when the limit was 30mph(before metrification). As another poster said its important to keep up with traffic

Did you pass?

MercMad wrote:
    Stev dont forget to wear the little black mini skirt !! ;)

Good luck !
    ha ha, thats the third person to say that to me! Ya i passed it no bother, only got two small faults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thats great news that you passed.hope you get cheap insurance:D

• Advertisement

ill get a few hundred back now from the company!

Advertisement