Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lazy e-bayers

• 03-03-2006 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a fairly new e-bayer, only up to about a 14 rating now, even though I bought about 20 items. Thats the problem, lazy sellers who wont leave feedback, and I need all the feedback I can get, besides its just common courtesy. I've never had a problem, quick payment and such, contacted them, asked them for feedback, but nothing :mad: .

Is this a common thing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

I noticed that too when I started using e-bay but you know what lazy people are like they

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I have 27 out of about 30 buys. doesnt bother me much. esp if you are just buying who cares really. selling would be a different matter. If i am checking out a seller I only check his buyers comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Don't forget though that you can only get 1 feedback 'score' from each buyer regardless of how many items you buy which may account for the descrepancy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

defo yeah ebayers can be slow with feedback - send a polite professional feedback reminder via email (ask the seller a question).

when u start upscaling ur business - seller manager pro has an automation feedback function whereby it does the reminders and leaves fb for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭xbox-man

Yep i'm an eBay seller i have 73 fb's only started. sometimes i don't bother leavin fb!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

xbox-man wrote:
    Yep i'm an eBay seller i have 73 fb's only started. sometimes i don't bother leavin fb!

Why not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Flame Weilder

Personally, I think that if you think that the buyer/seller has done an o.k job but not worthy of a pos, you can leave neutral fb if you want, but as it doesn't change their ovarall fb rating, it's not really worth the effort of typing. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

I think its just a thing of common courtesy to leave some form of feedback if someone buys something from you or you buy something xbox-man. It doesnt cost anything and only takes a second to write 'Excellent service, very pleased' etc, doesnt have to be the truth or doesnt mean you have to mean it, but at least its something to build up someones status and recognise there buys or sells. I know myself anyway I'd like to build up my rating and need a bit of feedback.

I dont know about anyone else, but anything I have bought I have never had a problem, fast payment, and sent an e-mail on receipt of the goods, so there was no reason for them not to leave feedback. Just sheer laziness, they have there money and dont give a damn :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Idoesnt have to be the truth or doesnt mean you have to mean it
    Doesn't have to be the truth?
    Thats fairly bad form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    Doesn't have to be the truth?
    Thats fairly bad form.

Whats fairly bad form about it? As I say, doesnt cost you or them a cent to leave feedback, if both sides have there goods and money, then leave some feedback, you dont have to write a passionate reply, just an 'A+++' or whatever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

time=money

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

I met a lazy seller once as well. He didn't bother to give feedback even if I messaged him 2x. I only bought 6 times from e-bay and I think I will stop for a while. I believe that all the feedback thing sucks from the buyer's point of view. I mean: you pay straight away but you don't get any feedback till you give yours. And even then you don't get it. If you are not satisfied with what you buy and you leave a negative feedback you may receive negative as well even if you have been a prompt payer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

the feedback system is a bit of a joke. Ive been messed around more by "powersellers" than any lower-feedback ebayers.

What's the alternative though?

Advertisement