Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MAkeup on Work

• 03-03-2006 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, I am starting a new job on Monday which will mean I will have to wear be presentable adn wear makeup every day??? I don't want to put cheap makeup as I don't have the best skin,, Any tips on which brand to go for??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

You'll probably get more advice in the fashion/appearance section.
    Try going in to some of the larger shops (Arnotts, BTs, Boots etc) and asking for advice on your particular skin type.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I'll move it there for ya eamo, I hear your makeup skillz are lacking... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Funny, I have to tone down my make up for work!

Try and get a make over at one of the counters in BTs or similar. It normally costs between 20 and 35 but you'll get that back in products. Well worth it IMO.
    Tell them exactly what you want, how you want to look. They are trained so know what they're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Benefit do great make-overs and they usually don't charge. Mac are also great. I haven't gone to Bobbi Brown, as I know they definitely charge, but they are supposed to be well worth the money. I go to benefit or mac, because I prefer their products. Ask them for a polished look, so that they don't end up giving you a full-on glanorous night-time look - often at these counters if you're not careful, they end up putting layers of make-up on you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

particularly if you are pale, i would highly recommend prescriptives foundation. they have a counter in brown thomas and give out free decent sized samples! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

imo estee lauder disappear concealer is excellent. I dont use foundation at all in work instead if your skin is clear enough just use the concealer and then a powder (borgious is the one I use) over it. Then you could use just som eeyeshadow and eyeliner and mascara and lip gloss (rimmel or isadora is great value for lovely eye shadows)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I work in recruitment so have to have my make-up well done all the time. I go for Mac HyperReal foundation- it gives a dewy look, then use HyperReal transluscent powder just over my eyes and T-Zone. Then out comes the Benefit- the Benetint on my cheeks then 3 tiny dabs on my cheekbones of their pink highlighter...then mascara

Pretty simple but it looks good

I agree with the comments above, go into BT, Mac can sometimes make you look like an Oompa Loompa so tell them you need a business look without being OTT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

i live for MAC and i spend hundred there but i must warn you dont trust them on picking a colour for your foundation because some of them are retarded at it.thers a select few who know what there doing but if you dont know the counter well you couldnt really tell which ones they are.one man in there is exellent

Advertisement