Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new traffic lights

Options
  • 03-03-2006 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

new traffic lights look very smart around the city. neat and tidy and a big improvement from the old ones

however am i the only that, when sitting in front of these, gets slightly blinded by the power of them. obviously i shouldnt be looking directly at them but it is convenient to keep an eye on them to ensure i dont miss the green!

does anyone else be blinded by the lights???

i also think that certain cars brake lights are blinding also when sitting in traffic.

(please god ONE person with 20/20 agrees or im ringing my optician!!!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The new lights are much brighter than the usual ones on the traditional fittings (some older fittings were sometimes fitted with very bright lights).

I suspect the new ones are partially LED based, so if one fails, there is still sufficient light for the rest to be seen.

Instead of concentraing on the lights, watch what the road users around you are doing, make eye contact. Its safer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

yeah but im talking about the times you are at the front of the queue and the lights are in your face

Advertisement