Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pyramid Schemes

Options
  • 03-03-2006 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭

In the interest of Public Service - could a banner be put on the front page saying something like:

Pyramid Schemes are Illegal and A Scam. Don't Get Caught Out.

There have been a few threads already where people don't know what they would be getting in for. Up to €10million has been invested in the one in Cork / Kerry according to Gardaí.

Boards.ie is Ireland's biggest Online community - its one of the best places to spread a little education.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

If people are stupid enough to do these things then im happy they lost their money.

Thats like saying could we put up a banner saying:

Smoking will kill you, so stop doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i wouldnt worry about it too much.

if it goes on the work forum, it will be deleted, if it goes anywhere else, it will be torn apart by the usual hounds...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I agree with Fighting Irish, if people are shortsighted enough to get involved with a pyramid scheme then it's their own fault. It makes me think of the Simpsons 'Monorail' episode when people get taken in by obvious scams, people telling you "Invest all your money now for a guaranteed return!"... ..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Smoking is harmful?!

Anyway as everyone has said those kinds of threads are short lived and are instantly torn down before being nuked by the resident moderator.

I also like to think that the people who post the threads die cold and lonely immediately afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

I don't know how its effecting the OP. Someone sounds jealous

Advertisement