Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Gaming Pc

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

well first of all I think you should get an sata hd and also better ram.
    Do you have a case and psu already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tmcpartland

Hi Ya
    No Dont have Case and Power supply, dont know where's best to get them.
    Are Maxtor HD not great?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Ganjdalf

It's not a bad start. I take you have a case to stick your toy's in:D .

Komplett. Nice choice

i got the same graphics card and I highly recomend it. although i payed 350 for it a month ago from komplett:mad: . Oh well.

Not too sure bout that ram though. Not the best.

Try OCZ budget range as they come with a life time guarantee:D

i would maybe change your DVD as Benq aren't the greatest of company's .

NEC are slightly better and will cost you a fiver less as well.

Maybe change your board as well. I had all sorts of problems with Epox boards. Mainly the North bridge Fan and then consequntially the Nroth Bridge.

I got http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=313205

It's a nice Board. the heat Pipe Is cool:D

Good luck with Your PC. Keep the thread updated as to how it goes.

thanks for advice
    that looks great,
    will change motherboard, burner and ram so.
    will keep ya posted, pimping the pc is highly addictive:D

actually, what type of ram is best cause i dont have a clue, was looking at them all there on komplett and dont know which to go for

• Advertisement

thanks for advice
    that looks great,
    will change motherboard, burner and ram so.
    will keep ya posted, pimping the pc is highly addictive:D

Tell Me About It. I fairly recentley Just Bought And Built my PERSONAL First. 2055 squid. I still wanr to stick more stuff/mess with it. and i thought tatoos were addictive.

actually, what type of ram is best cause i dont have a clue, was looking at them all there on komplett and dont know which to go for

uh...... I really like OCZ for make. very nice ram. As for type I would make the DDR3200 your main choice of Ram type as It is generally Better quality make than the rest. Most of the serious gamers i know will allways go for this Ram so i guess it's the right choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭esskay

Its also worth the few extra quid to get a v.good processor heatsink cause when you out of cash and you get a game that is jerky to play you'll want to overclock the sh1t out of you processor and a good heatsink makes overclocking a lot less risky. I use an older version of this
    http://www.thermaltake.com/product/cooler/retail/cl-p0114/cl-p0114.asp
    and its the business. Trickier to fit than a normal heatsink but worth it!

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Maybe change your board as well. I had all sorts of problems with Epox boards. Mainly the North bridge Fan and then consequntially the Nroth Bridge.

Epox boards are very good and are making a name for themselves, and they use the same northbridge as most other S939 boards and their NB cooler is above average.

OCZ Value ram is good, but if you plan on overclocking get some performance ram, like crucial ballistix (only 140 for a gig and the best RMA service)

When you are getting you're PSU go for something with 2 12volt rails, enermax, seasonic, OCZ and tagan are all great makes

And there is a AKASA 400watt on komplett for 70 euro which looks alright.

The 7800gt is great but if you like peace and quiet get a NV silencer

Freezer 64 pro is a good performance/ price/ noise Cooler

The 3700 is great and will oc nicely

There is not much speed difference between IDE and SATA drives, but go for the SATA as its more future proof

Oh and a Mx510 mouse;)

Advertisement