Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obtaining Rank of Marshall

Options
  • 03-03-2006 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭

I have a life.

I can only play for a couple of hours every night (or so) as an absolute maximum.

Is there any way in hell I can reach the rank of Marshall?

Nordrassil PvE Server

Tnx,

Inqui

Career Honor Kills to date - 54 :o)
    Trips to BG - 2

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the short answer is no...especially if you only have 54 hk's and 2 trips to BG.

unless you can get a decent party/raid every time, and win every (or nearly) every time. but it would be tough, and would require nothing but BG all the time.

edit...wait a min, what rank is marshall again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Marshall is 12. I would consider it to be very difficult to get to that with 2hrs a day. I hold 6 with very little effort, so if you wanted to spend 2 hrs a day in BGs, you could probably hold 8 I'd imagine...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

got 3 high warlords in my guild on draenor:eek: ..u can get to rank 8-9 handy enough with PUGS but higher than that u need a set team so to speak,tbh mate u will never get to rank 12 unless u play 3-4 hours a day in BG cos after rank 7-8 the decay in standing can get steep enough

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

no chance in hell of getting marshall.

You could probably rank up to 8 or 9 and remember you dont neeed to stay at that rank to keep the equipement you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

what do you mean "keep" you can lose your rank if you dont play all the time??? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

Deaddude wrote:
    what do you mean "keep" you can lose your rank if you dont play all the time??? :(

thats what i was thinking. Ranks are only really for heavy players afaikt

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

You lose rank if you don't pvp, but it drops off fairly slowly.
    The ranking system is all relative to your standing and so dependant on how much pvp other people do. You're basically completing with some people who have no life, play all day and are in fixed teams. It might be possible, but it would take months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Deaddude wrote:

Your rank decays if you dont pvp, but if you get the rewards for rank 10, you can still wear them even when your rank has decaysed to rank 0.

Like, i have no intention of going for anything above rank 9. Once i get that on my mage, ill stop pvping probably.

Dustaz wrote:
    no chance in hell of getting marshall.

You could probably rank up to 8 or 9 and remember you dont neeed to stay at that rank to keep the equipement you win.

ye thats the only good thing =/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

On our server from about rank 10 - 12 you would need to be putting in a good 40 hours of pvp a week if you wanted to reach it in 2-3 weeks.

That's 40 hours with a good raid winning every game in 5 mins, not playing with randoms. It's only for the hardcores :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

ah, well thats a bit annoying...

Advertisement