Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vb control arrays help

Options
  • 03-03-2006 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Please can some one help me, all i need to do is create a control array in vb6 that accesses a matrix, the matrix's values will be changing all the time and when they do i need to update the array.

Does anyone know the best way to do this? Can I visually see the array get updated? After a short while i need to output the result of the array through the serial port.

Can anybody help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Assuming you're matrix is stored in a 2D array why cant you just display the data in a grid and update the grid when the matrix changes? If the matrix isnt stored in a 2D array how is it stored?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 suzie06

by grid to you mean importing the values into text boxes??
    Yea it will be a 2d array matrix but how do i compile all these values and send it out through the serial port, i am new to vb

What version of VB are you using? Is it Vb6 or Vb.Net? VB6 has a control called a Flexgrid. YOu will need this or something similar. You cannot use a control array of textboxes. Actually you probably could but its a lot more work. Read the help pages on using the Flexgrid.

As for the serial port stuff take a look here http://www.programmers-corner.com/sourcecode/111

Is this a student project?

I am working for a company and am going on a vb course next week, I wanted to get a head start over the week end.
    I am using vb6, when i have the matrix full of values, i want to compile all of the results together some how?

suzie06 wrote:
    I am using vb6, when i have the matrix full of values, i want to compile all of the results together some how?

I have to be honest and say I have no idea what this means. What is it you are trying to achieve?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Phileas Fogg

Can you give us the text of the assignment?

i have a 6x6 matrix in vb6 (i have 36 command buttons showing these) , i then have a menu with different values true or false.

I start at box and then assign it a value true or false until i get to the last box. Now with all the information i have i need to compile it together somehow? and put it through the serial port and load it onto a PIC microcontroller.

I know about the PIC stuff coz my background is in electronics, but what i need to know is how should i compile all of this information together so that it can be sent out of the serial port??

I have never done vb before so any help is greatly appreciated

Advertisement