Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Roster Cuts

• 03-03-2006 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

We are at the time of year when there will be a whole bunch of cuts again. Who would you cut? And dont cut people because you just plain dont like them, give reasons. There is always a surprise cut as well, as well as one or two would look certain to go, but somehow are kept on.

Heres who i would let go and why:

Jonny Parisi: How long has been with WWE now without ever being on television. Seen him a few times in ECW, and I would have thought he would have done well on SD. If he is nort being used creatively on television, there is no need to pay his wages, so cut him.

Val Venis: This is one for another thread, but looking back when Val debuted, I thought he was going to go main eventing one day. He got close after losing the IC belt, in a very brief feud with Austin. I have no idea why this didnt work. He is good in the ring, and excellent on the mic, however, he has pretty much been a jobber since the late 90s. Whie he is back on telly now, its only as a jobber in a poor tag team. So its time for him to go.

Scotty 2 Hotty: I think if they are to make the CW division legit, they either need to repacakge Scotty, or cut him, because he is a joke. He has the worst finsiher in the history of wrestling, and just doesnt impress me at all. Te other cruisers actually look like tough guys, Scotty looks like a cartoon character gone wrong.

Candice/Torrie: They serve no purpose other than tits and ass, which is great, but if you want to see hot women, watch MTV or Hollyoaks or something.

Vito: Now that Nunzio is essentially going it alone in the CW division, he has no real purpose. Plus supposely there is aloto f backstage heat on him (dont know why), so he wouldnt be any sort of loss.

Steven Richards: Poor Stevie, his best moments were as part of RTC, possibly the best mid card heel stable ever, but ever since, nothing. A tranny, Victorias lackey. He hasnt even been used in about 4-5 months, so like Parisi above - use him or lose him. The wages could be better spent.

Surprise cut:
    Tomko or Snitsky or both. Both big men, with little or no gimmick, and just use power house moves. Neither have a good personality, so cant see any need for them.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

The things is,Candice and Torrie are Playboy models which in short means,they aint going anywhere!

Val Venus/Scotty are crowd favourites,specially at house shows....

Tomko/Snitsky-could be surprise cuts but I say they work well at house shows(as they are big guys)

I say vito is a gonner and nunzio isnt going to be gone long after as creative dont really have much for him to do....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Who I expect to be cut:

The Bashams, split by the lottery and given absolutely nothing to do.
    Lance Cade
    Sylvan
    Rene Dupree
    Rob Conway
    Road Warrior Animal
    Vito
    Johnny Parisi
    Rosey.

I guess Animal would be the surprise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Well with Jamal onhis way back, Rosey is safe Id hazard.

Also, the thread isnt who you think will be cut, its who would YOU cut, and why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Angle. For his own good.
    The man is going to kill himself in the ring.
    He should retire while he can still move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I really want rid of Viscera, Tomko, Snitsky, Murdoch, Boogeyman, Kane, Big Show, Cena and HHH.

Now I know the last 4 have no chance of being released, but God I might start watching WWE regularly again if it happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

gimmick wrote:
    ^ Well with Jamal onhis way back, Rosey is safe Id hazard.

Also, the thread isnt who you think will be cut, its who would YOU cut, and why.

ah ... knew I should've read it ... well in that case:
    The Bashams (unless they're put back together)
    Lance Cade (useless on his own)
    Sylvan (crap gimmick, going nowhere)
    Rene Dupree (hasn't been used in any decent way)
    Rob Conway (hasn't been used in any decent way, bar his mini legend killing, which was slightly pathetic)
    Road Warrior Animal (don't see his character going anywhere)
    Vito (hasn't been used in any decent way)
    Johnny Parisi (hasn't been used in any decent way)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd cut:

Danny Basham. Doug always seemed the better wrestler to me, especially since I enjoyed him on Velocity before the Basham Brothers debuted. Danny's new gimmick looks to be heading nowhere aswell

Golddust. He's had enough time before, he often showed glimpses of his potential, but never really showed his best in my opinion. Time and money could be better spent on other guys

Viscera. I don't enjoy his matches at all

Mark Henry. He should be gone once his contract runs out though

Sylvan. Don't like the guy. Doesn't do enough in the ring and his "acting" makes me cringe at times

Just looking through the roster there, there's a lot of very talented guys doing nothing at the moment. Guys like Regal, Burchill, Stevie Richards, Jamie Noble, Matt Striker, Kendrick and London. They should all be on tv a lot more often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

mark henry: just cause well hes crap, and seems out of breath every time he moves.

poor steven richards, the rtc gang was fun. even though i hated it at the time, it was funny. but he's gotta go.

candice and torrie, i know it's asking too much, but it would be a good too lose the bimbos..... candice's er "wrestling" on monday night was a disaster. trish is gonna have a hard time making her match at least a bit respectable

Sylvan: ugh, the orange look just makes me wanna puke and soo does in ring ability or well lack of it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

candice and torrie, i know it's asking too much, but it would be a good too lose the bimbos..... candice's er "wrestling" on monday night was a disaster. trish is gonna have a hard time making her match at least a bit respectable

exactly, monday was a disaster and will we now have a feud between Torrie and Candice :rolleyes: and lose the ****ing dog for christs sake. all this diva search bull**** needs to go aswell

Mossy Monk wrote:
    exactly, monday was a disaster and will we now have a feud between Torrie and Candice :rolleyes: and lose the ****ing dog for christs sake. all this diva search bull**** needs to go aswell

*sigh* that should be great fun :rolleyes: :rolleyes: the dog has spot on the wwe raw superstar page :rolleyes: the only 3 good divas on raw are trish, victoria, micky james, sorry 4 actually, lita, but lita seems to be too interested in tagging along with edge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The dog wasn't on Raw this week! Candice is obviously just getting a push at the moment for Playboy, she'll probably be gone by next year. I'd imagine they'll use this to turn Mickie heel, that might make things a bit more bearable

Fozzy wrote:
    The dog wasn't on Raw this week! Candice is obviously just getting a push at the moment for Playboy, she'll probably be gone by next year. I'd imagine they'll use this to turn Mickie heel, that might make things a bit more bearable

mickie james and bearable :eek: um i dont think those two words match..... although i do wish they would get the fued between trish and mickey james going.... seriously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'd get rid of:

Vito: not being used. used to tag along with Nunzio but that has done nothing for him besides getting him on Velocity!

Snitsky/Tomko: Being used as a tag team, fed up of seeing them week after week on Heat with matches against unknowns. Can't really see a future for them in WWE

Ashley: Has improved a bit but i'd prefer to see Christy in her place, get rid of Ashley and the Diva Search! What a waste of air time and money!!

Cade: Another one of those being used week after week on Heat, he was split from Murdoch too soon....what a mistake!

Candice: Once the whole Playboy thing dies down she should be outta there...can't wrestle...not good on the mic, just plain annoying! Reminds my of Joy Giovannai!

Danny & Doug Basham: Either put them back together or get rid of them, although Danny has shown some bit of talent on Heat.....a few months ago! Don't think either will last! I'd get rid of them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Agree with most of the above but did nt see Tatanka being mentioned. Never saw the point in bringing him back and he's going absolutely no where in terms of a push.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

WWE breaks ties with Jannetty
    March 3, 2006

World Wrestling Entertainment has broken all professional ties with Marty Jannetty.

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

Marty Jannetty was scheduled to appear again on Raw on Monday in Birmingham, AL, to continue as part of an angle. He was legitimately dropped from the show and the rest of the angle as of this morning due to screwing up at the wrong time. He is not expected back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

screwing up at the wrong time?

huh

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

The " screwing up at the wrong time" comment might be refering to Jannetty looking like he was going to burst out laughing during the Kiss My Ass segment.

A pretty tame reason I know but that's all I can think of that he did wrong. Unless it was something off screen..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Seems as though it was something off screen when he was scheduled to continue the storyline and be on Raw on Monday.

He had even been added to the Wrestlemania revenge tour!! In Belfast it was gonna be Marty Jannetty vs. Chris Masters

The " screwing up at the wrong time" comment might be refering to Jannetty looking like he was going to burst out laughing during the Kiss My Ass segment.

A pretty tame reason I know but that's all I can think of that he did wrong. Unless it was something off screen..

i just watched that segment.... as much as it pains me to watch it...... he did look like he was going to laugh on a number of occasions... dumbass reason for letting the guy go :rolleyes: but this is the wwe and nothing would shock me anymore

Advertisement