Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

my first camera!!

• 03-03-2006 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

i want to start making shorts this summer and im going to invest in my first camera so id like some advice on what one to buy!

the obvious thing im looking for is a camera that can do a good job and deliver a good picture. Can you guys suggest some cameras that would be suitable for a first timer in a reasonable budget?

also can you advise me on what i need regards sound equiptment, booms etc?
    anything else you think is nessesary please advise me!!!!

thanks!! chilly:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 portally

I would recomend one of the panasonic 3ccd camcorders. I have a GS 400 which I think is out of production which is a fantastic camcorder. The panasonic GS 250 is nearly as good and a lot cheaper. As far as I know the latest range of panasonic camcorders dont have as many features previous one so bear that in mind.

r

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Arriflex 16SR 3

http://www.arri.com/entry/camera.htm

He He He that was a joke by the way i'm sorry i couldn't resist.

Seriously though, If you wanna spend up to 3 of 4 grand get something like canon XL1 but if its your very first stab at film making get a Cheap Mini DV camera, For 500-700 euro, you'll get good quality stuff outta that. Then move on to better if you wanna stick with it.

When it comes to other equipment you need lights, lights amd more lights. Make sure you get lights. You can try use house lights of other available light but when it comes to creating different lighting athmospheres you need to have lights, of course you can hire these out for productions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Don't forget a good gaffer!

Advertisement