Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solid fuel stove

• 03-03-2006 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

solid fuel stove

I have just started building a domer 222sqm.
    I am thinking of getting a stove to heat the living room and the rads in the rest of the house.
    Can anyone recomend any good makes and how many rads they would heat?

Tap

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Do a search for Waterford Stanleyand Hunter stoves.

both sites will give plenty of info about rads,types etc

I am going to use the Hunter Herald 8.
    cheaper than Stanley and smaller and looks better - I think anyhow,

k

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

We have 2 Charnwood stoves in our new place, the one in the back room heats the radiators (upstairs) http://www.charnwood.com/boiler-model-15b.asp we dont have the cowl at the top of the one we have as its recessed. A bit olde wordle but does the job nicely.

This model heats up to 15 single radiators, I'm not sure of Waterford Stanley or others but I don't think they can do much better than 15.

This stove is around 1.7k to buy but worth every penny in my opinion, it gives a 60 gallon tankful of hot water and heats the upstairs radiators and luke-warms the ones downstairs if on for long enough :D

They eat fuel mind you but we still reckon its saving a good few quid on central heating...

FBP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

The Herald 14 has an output of 45,000 Btu's which is good for any solid fuel stove, if you are using thermostatic rad valves you should get very good value from the Hunter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

rooferPete wrote: »
    Hi,

The Herald 14 has an output of 45,000 Btu's which is good for any solid fuel stove, if you are using thermostatic rad valves you should get very good value from the Hunter.

Hercules 30B multifuel stove from Brosley stoves, 100,000BTU.. Heats our 2800sq ft house no bother in winter gone by..

Advertisement