Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are you still playing SOF2?

Options
  • 03-03-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

is anybody here still playing this game? i know it's old but I still spend few hours playing col1 map

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

God, I haven't played this in forever. MP was a lot of fun though, might give it another go for old times' sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

i used to love this game online till cheats and loads of annoying mods ruined it :( still go for the odd game of finca or shop1 :)

/edit spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

We used to play it at every gaming session we organised. It's great in multiplayer as the weapons are very evenly balanced, and it's a pretty straight-forward game. CTF in Jersey Winter Wonderland (I think that's what the level was called) is what we played mostly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

haven't played it Mp but the small bit i did seemed like a decent CS alternative. Single player however is terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Played a lot of it back in the 1.01/2 days. Was in a clan aswell, but then the 1.03 patch was released and f*cked up the netcode for anyone not on bb. :mad:

I still play a very small bit of MP if I can, is still pretty good though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

i didn't load any patches , cause you can't see all the servers.

found terrorclanholland server very good and would recommend it to anybody thinking about playing some more SOF2. nice bunch of guys and cheaters don't last very long on the server

lots of goodies could be found on terrorclanholland.tk site

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I'm co-leader of a clan which has been around since late 2003. We played demolition in Clanbase for a long time but quit recently and we've started playing CTF in the Fairwars league. Anyone still paying older versions just upgrade to gold... mp_jor1 is a piece of mapmaking genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Not playing anymore but this game definitly holds a place in my heart! Why have developers not learned from SoF2, grenades hurt! (My biggest grudge with most FPS MP games is how thier grenades are not SoF's)

Stopped playing because of new games and having to patch and download all sorts of junk all the time. (Although nothing compared to CS (Oh and there 'nades are an embarassment))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

yes i agree wit the much nice grenades in sof2 :)
    oh the number of times i got 2-3 kills with a single grenade down a narrow hallway!

Advertisement