Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It snoweth in Maynooth...

Options
  • 03-03-2006 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

Hmmm...

Last time we had proper snow in March was in 1982/3 apparently... then there were huge falls of snow and people got snowed in for weeks, or so my mother said.

You think this might happen again?

Maybe they'll cancel lectures *crosses fingers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Rag Week in snow... hmmm?

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭trekkypj

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Rag Week in snow... hmmm?

SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!!!!!! :D

Sounds brilliant alright!

is it sticking in maynooth??
    im in dublin and it kinda is!!

Not on the ground. Grass and bushes covered in it though.

And if it snows during the night, it'll stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

Sure we've had loads of snow in the las year! Had snow before Christmas didn't we. I mean its not like its a new thing. They're not going to cancel the feckin lectures like

• Advertisement

ArcadeFred wrote:
    Sure we've had loads of snow in the las year! Had snow before Christmas didn't we. I mean its not like its a new thing. They're not going to cancel the feckin lectures like

Don't ruin a good daydream!

In 1982ish there was no snow until after St Patricks Day, then it snowed non stop for a month. Drifts of six feet everywhere, or so I'm told.

Maybe it'll happen this year... it's certainly due. And if that happens, it's a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

trekkypj wrote:
    Don't ruin a good daydream!

In 1982ish there was no snow until after St Patricks Day, then it snowed non stop for a month. Drifts of six feet everywhere, or so I'm told.

Maybe it'll happen this year... it's certainly due. And if that happens, it's a possibility.

Obviously younger than 24.

It snowed on Friday, January 8th, 1982. For the full 24 hours, more or less. There were snowdrifts in O'Connell St! I still remember it well because I was married the following week. Couldn't go to work for the whole week. What a pity (not). Those who heroically made it into work couldn't get home for a week, either.

Just remember The Day After Tomorrow...

...is Sunday. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ArcadeFred

Ah I remember the mother tellin me this one! She had to walk (or wade) from town to Crumlin because there were no buses. And she wearin a skirt! Yarn yarn yarn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

So is it going to be the worlds biggest Snowball fight or ICE Balloon fight on Tuesday?

ArcadeFred wrote:
    Ah I remember the mother tellin me this one! She had to walk (or wade) from town to Crumlin because there were no buses. And she wearin a skirt! Yarn yarn yarn :D

Mothers tend to talk about those kind of things... weird huh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

why did u say snoweth

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Placebo wrote:
    why did u say snoweth
    Because that's the correct verb ending for third person singular in Old and Middle English.

The last time I had a snowball fight was at primary school. :(

Placebo wrote:
    why did u say snoweth

because i felt like it.

because people don't say it enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

I'm in Dublin, and I'm freezin my balls off for the last few weeks. Feckin freezin in my room

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Aww no snow in Cork. Booooo! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Placebo wrote:
    why did u say snoweth

Why did you say 'u'?

Advertisement