Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How long to "Port" from 02 to Vodafone?

• 03-03-2006 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

I went into a mobile phone shop to Port from 02 to Vodafone yesterday at about 11 am and I have still not been switched across, is anybody else having difficulties today or yesterday?

I rang the shop twice today and they said that Vodafone were down yesterday so I would have to wait but she seemed to think it was a very long wait.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭mayotom

Vodafone Systems were giving trouble yesterday. they kept breaking down. think the problem is sorted. nobody could port in or out.

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

O2 went down this morning too :rolleyes:

Speaking of porting, I went back to O2 today from Vodafone. But even after my Vodafone SIM was deactivated my new O2 one still wouldn't work. I called them to see what the problem was and apparently the store rep gave them the wrong SIM card number, he left a digit out!

But I'm up and running now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Karsini wrote:
    Speaking of porting, I went back to O2 today from Vodafone. But even after my Vodafone SIM was deactivated my new O2 one still wouldn't work. I called them to see what the problem was and apparently the store rep gave them the wrong SIM card number, he left a digit out!

But I'm up and running now.

i doubt he left a digit out. they wait on the line until the port is active so if there weren't enough numbers it would have been immediately apparent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭jister

My problem is still unresolved, it surely shouldn't take this long?:confused:

• Advertisement

Is your O2 SIM still active?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Vodafone had major problems all day yesterday and only came back online this afternoon properly. There's more than 24 hours worth of ports to do so it will be slow for a day or so.

I have still not been ported. The shop keep telling me that vodafones computers keep crashing, all day yesterday and half of today but I am finding it hard to believe at this stage. Is anybody else having problems?

Scratch that - all is sorted now, finally.

Advertisement