Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wrinkles, oh noes!

• 03-03-2006 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

alright, i'm only 21 but i've already noticed i now have a permanent mark just above and between my eyes from frowning (i end up doing it alot more than i like :()
    so i was wonder does anyone know how i can
    get rid of it
    prevent it getting worse, or
    cover it well
    ?
    any tips appreciated, my skin isn't really great as it is so i dont need it getting worse at this age! i know very little about skin products so a wash and some simple moisturiser is all it gets right now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Ooh that's one of the first people get. Except for smiley people who get mouth and eye creases first. I have the same now, and actually had a nightmare last night I had crows feet. I woke up veyr upset.

You're going to get lines. Everyone is. The speed also depends on the kind of skin you have, exposure to sun and diet.

If you're talking the nearest thing to full-proof...well that's Botox. It'll stop the muscles moving and therefore prevent deepening of lines.
    However that's expensive, (allegedly) dangerous and makes you look like a surprised bunny all the time.

Apart from that, the only things you can do is minimize matter best you can. The best things are the usual:

Diet - lots of water, vitamins and anti-oxidants. See superfood like sweet potatoes, oliy fish, nuts and seeds and blueberries.

Stay out of the sun, if in the sun use a high factor sunscreen.

Moisturise. They say you shouldn't put anything on your face, you can't use around the eye area. The moisturiser you use in your teens, won't be sufficient in your 20's. Upgrade to a brand with added things like Viamin E and collagen (avoid Alpha hydroxy acids - they're for older skin)

Alos...
    Don't make any facial expressions... ;)
    Don't use harsh microdermabrasion machines, they're for older skin. Same with harsh toners. Do use gentle scrubs couple of times a week.
    Don't smoke, it dries out your skin and causes more wrinkles.
    No more than 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day.

That's all I can think of right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

botox!

Not to sound flippant, I know it's a permanent mark, but maybe you should also try frowning less...
    I think kittex covered the rest pretty well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

actually botox aint a great answer sorry about that! its very expensive and wont even remove the frown line but would prevent it getting worse.

but Roc are really good creams, they do a great range, i use the eye cream every night and its v. good. maybe go to a chemist. oh also La Roche Posay are great creams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

bluewolf wrote:
    Not to sound flippant, I know it's a permanent mark, but maybe you should also try frowning less...
    I think kittex covered the rest pretty well.

yeah i know, but i cant really help it.
    and its making me feel old now :( i didn't really think i frowned that much tbh, but i just i need to smile more to counteract it :)
    tbh i blame all the stress and depression brought on by the last 3 years in college, so maybe it'll go away when i finish in may :p
    anyways thanks for the tips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

You can't get rid of a wrinkle as such, only prevent it from getting worse, or fatten it up to minimise its appearance, so it's doubtful it will go away on it's own.
    Although yeah, tension will show through in your face and any wrinkles will be more pronounced.

I can't recommend Vitamin E and products containing it enough - works wonders to repair scars and all sorts of skin problems.

Advertisement