Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tarantula

Options
  • 03-03-2006 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

ok lads and lassies

where can i get a mexican red legged baby?!:D

and no , im not a freak! , dont think you can get these species anywhere really, unless you fancy going to the americas !

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Reptile Haven,Boardwalk Pets both sell tarantulas.
    I order mine online and get them shipped over from the UK.Costs roughly a third of what you`d pay over here for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Shipping live creatures eh?

Do you have a link Hellrazer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

i got a mexican red knee in reptile heavan was looking for one for ages and today i got an orange baboon in daves jungle

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

tonym wrote:
    today i got an orange baboon in daves jungle

Watch that venom--Unconfirmed reports of deaths in Africa due to bites from these--They have a habit of biting more than once and are extremely aggressive.Plus theyre fast a lightning.Its recommended to use a long handled tweezers to drop food into the cage and get a cage lock if you have kids around.
    Richie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

hmm that's interesting, I have a fort hall babboon ....... but as a rule I dont handle anything that doesn't interact with me, and he/she barely shows up. It's a rarity to see him/her out of the hide.
    When Feeding I barely crack the top of the container open and drop the food in.

• Advertisement

tallus wrote:
    When Feeding I barely crack the top of the container open and drop the food in.

Thats the right way to do it--you really dont want to open that cage too wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Hellrazer wrote:
    Thats the right way to do it--you really dont want to open that cage too wide.
    Yeah I read they were quite agressive so caution is always taken :)

Advertisement