Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old PS1 Games....

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ambro25 wrote:
    Well, the two Saturns I had (consecutively, in my 'retro' period) both had problems loading, so they left me with a very sour taste - and were promptly forgotten about.

Not to mention their (OEM) pads were proper sh1te, compared to the (OEM, 1st gen) PS1, digital-control wise.

Matter of opinion of course :p

Always hated the Ps1 pad, the d-pad was terrible especially for diagonals. Have to agree about the original saturn pads released in america and europe, terrible stuff altogether. However the japanese pads are by far the best d-pad ever created. The SF anniversary pads are based on them. The Saturn always did 2D better than the PS1 except in very rare occasions. Capcom and Neo Geo games had hardly any, if any, sprite animations missing compared to the PS1 versions with frames missing and thus timing was off, also any effects like reflections weren't in PS1 games. The 1MB and 4MB ram carts only made the saturn conversions better. Capcom CPS2 games were perfect and Neo Geo games perfect except for the advanced ones like Metal Slug which were better than PS1 versions.

I find the early RR games very limited with very little replayability, unlike Sega Rally which is still a blast to play trying to beat your lap times. Daytona was another excellent game. I remember in Mexico they had a Segaworld in a Planet Hollywood and I was playing 8 player Daytona. Great fun. Must get it on the DC, Saturn version isn't the best at all, pop up is atrocious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Daytona 2001 on the DC isn't the most popular port in the world (alot of people find the handling too sensitive) but I absolutely adore it. I clocked a good 50+ hours on it just playing over and over improving my laptimes. My blasted memory card got corrupted though which was a real pisser.

When you unlock the really fast cars the game gets insanely good. Makes the game much more tricky and exciting than even the arcade original.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dano5678

I've Dug out, ISS Soccer. Its absolutly adddicting. Although the Nigerian team, I just noticed, has a player on it called Negro!!!!

FF7 is magic I can't stop playing it. The final FMV movie is a tad to long tho'. I've sat thourgh it over 15 times.

Wipeout is another game I paly time and time again.

Roll on full backward compatability with the PS3.:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Agreed, F1 97 is by far the F1 game ever.

Driver is another classic that I must dust off and play. One of the best games ever.

Jonah Lomu rugby was great too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

I still to this day play Sega Rally on the Saturn regularly. I dust of the other games sometimes too, i'm still looking for a new copy of Daytona, Virtua Cop and gun and Bug without using ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

dano5678 wrote:
    I've Dug out, ISS Soccer. Its absolutly adddicting. Although the Nigerian team, I just noticed, has a player on it called Negro!!!!
    He probably lives in Carlow now.

Advertisement