Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pes 5 PC trouble

Options
  • 03-03-2006 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I have pes5 for the pc, it was working great for the first 2 months then all of a sudden any time I try to start a match I get the following warning 'pes5.exe has encountered an error and needs to close'. Theres not a problem maneuvering about the menus but when I try to start a match or training I get the warning.

I've reinstalled the game, removed the no cd & other patches, closed my firewall, anti virus and any program I thought might be interfering with it but I still get the same warning. I even changed the graphics to the bare minimum but the same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Have you any mods or no cd cracks installed? Have you got the high res mod ?

A clean reinstall should fix it.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I've had a similar problem myself.
    Mine was seemingly due to there being too many save files. I had around 10 spaces free but it would still do this every time I tried to start a game.

Try deleting a few unessential save files and it may sort your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

RichyX wrote:
    I've had a similar problem myself.
    Mine was seemingly due to there being too many save files. I had around 10 spaces free but it would still do this every time I tried to start a game.

Try deleting a few unessential save files and it may sort your problem.

yup, I got the same and the above sorted it out.

Note that all save files are saved in your My Documents section under a Konami folder, and not in the Game folder itself.
    I think the issue is with having too many files saved in "folder 1" of the on-screen saving option.
    I now just save all replays / formations in folder 2, and havent had any problems since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

thanks lads, it appears that it was the 'too many' save files as richie suggested

Advertisement