Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lizards

Options
  • 04-03-2006 12:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

ok i need sphagnum moss 4 my lizard and 1 no where 2 get it in dublin north if possible and how much?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Ring reptile haven, 016704001

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

ok i need sphagnum moss 4 my lizard and 1 no where 2 get it in dublin north if possible and how much?????
    what kind of lizard is it ?
    Most pet shops sell it if they stock reptiles/amphibians It's a good idea to microwave it to kill any mites in it (the moss that is) :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 daragh_dublin

Ring reptile haven, 016704001
    yea when i was in gettin crickets ben said a hardwear on caple st but its closed down

tallus wrote:
    what kind of lizard is it ?
    Most pet shops sell it if they stock reptiles/amphibians It's a good idea to microwave it to kill any mites in it (the moss that is) :P
    its a lepard gecko
    oh really ill do that when i get some thx anyway

Newspaper is the most practical and a very suitable substrate for leopard geckos, and it's cheap too. DOnt forget they are a semi-desert species.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Moss can be bought it most garden centers, its used to line hanging-baskets.
    Its very cheap, but as said, not suitable as a substrate, only for decoration / hiding purposes really.
    (But DO remember to microwave it and let it go cold again before using it!)

(Isnt there a problem re newspapers & ink? I was always told blank sheets of kitchen-towel paper *only*)

b

if newspaper presents problems, sand makes a fine substrate. Any pet shop that sells birds will more than likely have those small bags of sand. I'm not sure about the newspaper ink thing tbh. think they stopped using lead based inks a while back, but I could be wrong there :/

Moss can be bought it most garden centers, its used to line hanging-baskets.
    Its very cheap, but as said, not suitable as a substrate, only for decoration / hiding purposes really.
    (But DO remember to microwave it and let it go cold again before using it!)

(Isnt there a problem re newspapers & ink? I was always told blank sheets of kitchen-towel paper *only*)

b
    yea i need it for a hide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

If you can find a flower pot (terra-cotta as its heavier, one thats broken in half is great, they are VERY cheap and come in all sizes), they make *great* hides, and look great, specially as they "weather" in the tank. ;)

b

(Do give them a wash & soak for a couple of hours with just plain water first to get rid of any dust particles etc)

lol thx but wat i ment 2 say was i have a hide
    lol thats wat im using;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement