Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Porting

• 04-03-2006 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

guys was thinking of moving from o2 to vodafone or even meteor, i have a business package on o2.would you think i would get anything from these companes for porting eg a free phone or even free minutes.

has anyone got any experience like this before?ALSO does anyone know who do i contact to get a premium number eg 086777777777777777777, i know that wouldnot be available but i would like a number with loadz of 7's please pmme if you have any contact details .

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭irishboy21

Have you tried ringing them ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

im going to ring them on monday morning, but meteor said no already as they said you need a vat number for a business line:eek: .so its o2 or vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 / Vodafone will require a VAT number too mate.

nah o2 donot as i have an account with o2 alreasy and they asked nothing. im with them nealy 6 years and the past 2 have been business line under my name.

anyway i will ring them in the morning and see what happens

As far as I'm aware you need to provide your VAT number and Company number in order to register for a company account. Maybe you have a consumer account with a lot of phones and a business price plan? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

ciaranfo wrote:
    As far as I'm aware you need to provide your VAT number and Company number in order to register for a company account. Maybe you have a consumer account with a lot of phones and a business price plan? :)

Thats what i was thinking as well , other wise you do need a vat number to open up a new business account with both o2 or vodafone.

guys im a only user on my account. i have been on time share 500 for over a year but recently moved down to normal plans as i couldnot afford the bills.i have a business name registered but donot have a vat number as never traded.i have never showed any phone company my business name details and was never ever asked. i only showed them passport/driving licence hen i moved from speakeasy to bill.
    thats it

So I'd bet you're not on a Company / BUsiness account then.

Anyhows, "yes I am" "no you're not" x 23 :P

ciaranfo what do you mean im not,you donot know me ok and donot brand me a liar.if u want proof i can send you a o2 bill.stop being ignorant. i asked the question not you?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

drdre wrote:
    ciaranfo what do you mean im not,you donot know me ok and donot brand me a liar.if u want proof i can send you a o2 bill.stop being ignorant. i asked the question not you?

nice to see your very grown up and professional in your manner, good luck with your 'business' in future.

• Advertisement

no problem cabaal, its just im asking a simple question, why would ciaranfo me a liar, anyway i got a call from o2 and they have said they can offer me double take offer for 12 months instead of 6.so im going to go ahead with that, just waiting for them to get back to me for with a cool number:D

thanks for ur help guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You're probably down as what's called a 'sole trader'. This is similar to a personal account. You cn still go on the Sharetime plans and get your trader name on the bills. It is not however a business account.

well i still have a name of a business account manager and i still call the o2 business line, so thats enough for me:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you're looking for call bundles, 3 is usually unbeatable on price. You have to sign up as an individual, they do not allow business names. But that shouldn't be a problem.

im going to stick with the o2 offer at the moment, thanks guys for your help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭georgieM

drdre wrote:
    guys was thinking of moving from o2 to vodafone or even meteor, i have a business package on o2.would you think i would get anything from these companes for porting eg a free phone or even free minutes.

has anyone got any experience like this before?ALSO does anyone know who do i contact to get a premium number eg 086777777777777777777, i know that wouldnot be available but i would like a number with loadz of 7's please pmme if you have any contact details .

thanks in advance
    my phone number has five 7's in it how much will u give me for it
    ?

pm me how much are you looking for.

Advertisement